Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Prefab breaking with added Component

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by freakfallout, Jan 12, 2019.

1. freakfallout

freakfallout

I've been using some of the PhotonView components on my prefabs and every once in a while they will break with the error

" Opening Prefab Mode failed: The Prefab at 'Assets/MyAssets/Resources/MyPlayerControllable.prefab' is broken. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

when I try to open it and

"Assertion failed on expression: '!(m_Object.find(fileID) != m_Object.end() && m_Types[m_Object.find(fileID)->second.typeID].GetPersistentTypeID() != objectPersistentTypeID)' "
    when I try to reimport or refresh it, it's quite frustrating to have to keep rebuilding the exact same prefabs over and over just to have them break again, I'm not sure if this is a unity problem or just a PhotonView problem, but I can't continue development until this issue gets fixed