Search Unity

Prefab breaking with added Component

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by freakfallout, Jan 12, 2019.

1. freakfallout

freakfallout

I've been using some of the PhotonView components on my prefabs and every once in a while they will break with the error

" Opening Prefab Mode failed: The Prefab at 'Assets/MyAssets/Resources/MyPlayerControllable.prefab' is broken. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

when I try to open it and

"Assertion failed on expression: '!(m_Object.find(fileID) != m_Object.end() && m_Types[m_Object.find(fileID)->second.typeID].GetPersistentTypeID() != objectPersistentTypeID)' "
    when I try to reimport or refresh it, it's quite frustrating to have to keep rebuilding the exact same prefabs over and over just to have them break again, I'm not sure if this is a unity problem or just a PhotonView problem, but I can't continue development until this issue gets fixed

CloudyVR likes this.
  2. Nelson-William

Nelson-William

Did you find any solution/reason for this? This is happening to me quite frequently but without the Photon components.

Prefabs simply get 'broken' out of nowhere and start throwing the same error you posted. They also seem to be causing all sorts of weird things (like the active scene and the prefab environment getting mixed up, or the entire editor just crashing)... I wish I could pinpoint the reason!

CloudyVR likes this.
  3. DRAGONMANU123

DRAGONMANU123

Will they be addressing this issue and update it soon? What are other options to implement networking other than photon?

CloudyVR likes this.
  4. Mads-Nyholm

Mads-Nyholm

Unity Technologies

Anybody filed a bug report for this issue yet? Please reply here with case number. Thank you.

Does it only happen after building a player?

5. mathias512

mathias512

Hello,
    I submitted a bug report (Case 1168942), this happened to me after closing unity and opening it the next day and got this error. Maybe its worth mention that i get this bug after i shrinked my players scale from 1 to 0,2. At start no problems but after restart this bug.

CloudyVR likes this.