Search Unity

Precomputed Realtime GI keeps calculating everytime we open a scene

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by BLUESurfer-MONSTER, Apr 24, 2015.

1. BLUESurfer-MONSTER

BLUESurfer-MONSTER

Everytime i open a different scene the Precomputed Realtime GI starts to calculate everything... ¿is this normal? We don't change any parameter, any light... anything... but every time one of the team opens a scene that has been previously GI calculated... the process starts again.

We though this "Precomputed Realtime GI' was something similar to a lightmap... that someway all the precomputed calculation was stored and saved with the scene. So when anyone of the team opens a scene that has been illuminated by one of our artist it has all the information and the system doesn't have to start the slow process of calculate again...

Any ideas? :)

2. netvortex_dc

netvortex_dc

They store the GI information in the cache directory of the editor...You could move the directory and configure all workstations to use that cache directory for GI... i'm just not sure if that won't raise any side-effects.

3. ImperativeGames

ImperativeGames

I have kinda similar question. The Editor has several modes of visualizing scene. Most of them are for the lighting.
    But the ones for Realtime GI don't show anything, unless I would press "Generate Lighting" button and wait (usually for hours) for GI to finish calculations. Is it normal behaviour?