Search Unity

Pre-Sale Question

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by luftwaffe2020, Jan 21, 2015.

1. luftwaffe2020

luftwaffe2020

Hello !

Sorry If my English is bad. Me and my Friend decided to build our own games. I am not familiar with Unity 3D meanwhile my friend has.

So, Can i use Unity Pro Trail version and can he use Unity $75/m license? Will my Free License have same features as paid Pro license version?

And, going to build some Assets (Racing Tracks) too. Both are going to work on same game. Can we use that assets on different licenses?

Thanks You

2. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Hi!

You and your friend must have the same version of Unity, i.e. you must both have Pro or both have Free. You cannot mix assets between different versions of Unity as this is against our EULA.

Pro trials are only for evaluation and not actual development, again you cannot mix this with a full Pro license. Here are the feature differences between Free and Pro http://unity3d.com/unity/licenses

3. luftwaffe2020

luftwaffe2020

Thanks Aurore !

I just bought 2 assets !
    1. Cartoon Race tracks Vol.2
    2. Mobile 10 cars

I just noticed Assets can be opened with unity only (I thought it's downloadable :( ) Now, as i mentioned in previous post, I am not unity pro. Can i buy unity license and give that to my friend? He not downloaded Unity yet.

So, I buy license and give him. He activate his unity. I won't download unity. is it allowed? coz i am new here and don't understand english much. i bought assets from my acc. that's why i ask :(

4. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Seems like there has been confusion between Unity Assets from the assets store and assets you create yourself.

Assets you acquire from the Asset Store are all Unity Packages and can only be opened in Unity. You can use Assets you got from the Assets Store in any version of Unity, unless the package specifically states that you need Pro.

If you buy something from the Asset Store, you cannot share that asset with multiple people, you must buy one per seat. A seat being you and your unity license, be it free or pro.

5. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

That's not quite right - some assets are one-license-per-seat, and it'll be clearly shown underneath the asset when you buy it. But most assets are not; once you've bought an asset you're allowed to share it with other people working on your project.

However, what you're not allowed to do is share assets around beyond the confines of your project - i.e. you're not allowed to buy some models from the store and then upload them to a site somewhere for anyone to access, or resell them, or things like that. The Asset Store License has all the details.

Ryiah and Aurore like this.