Search Unity

Pre Dropping Spreading Objects Around without Seeing the Animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by greatUnityGamer, Feb 20, 2015.

1. greatUnityGamer

greatUnityGamer

So i want to fill up my environment with bricks, rocks and whatever at random locations. Since i may have tall bulidings, i don't want any objects to start off in below the roof of any building.. Thus i would start all objects above the roof of the tallest building/s in the environment.

They will have physics and so when i start the game, random number of objects are created and x and z position is randomized...Then they start dropping to the floor.

However, when i start the game I don't want to see the animation of the objects dropping. I want to start the game with the objects already on the floor.

How do i do this? Would i need to give it sometime to load the level by blocking my camera view and just having a loading bar that says "loading...." give it a few seconds to make sure all the objects are already in the ground by the time the game starts?

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Unless there is another way I believe you described the exact approach. When loading - give the players some useful information. Hit B to jump - or whatever.
    Skyrim does this nicely especially when the player traverses different areas of the map which require a loading screen. They supply the high resolution 3D sculpted character or item rendered and rotating - related to the first specific informative text displayed during the load also.