Search Unity

Praise.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Foxxis, May 25, 2007.

1. Foxxis

Foxxis

Yep - exactly what it says on the tin. :)

I've been posting a few threads lately regarding problems and even the odd (percieved) bug, so I thought I'd add some balance and speak of my positive experiences. :)

I've used my fair share of development tools over the years. I started out in Basic and Assembler on a ZX81 and a C64 ages ago and have used a lot of different tools and languages since then.

With that in mind, I can't really recall the last time I was so utterly impressed with a development environment/engine as I am with Unity.

Since I've gotten up to speed with Unity, it's pretty amazing how quickly you can work with it. The way it interfaces with the other apps (in my cast mostly C4D R10 and Photoshop) truly allows for efficient development. I have a multitude of GUI assets (since my title uses a pretty detailed UI), and just being able to go into one of the layers in photoshop and edit something - only to have it seamlessly update in Unity - that is fantastic!

So, despite some small quirks here and there, the Unity team has my sincere thanks. Unity really is an awesome product!

2. Marble

Marble

I'm too timid to start a thread like this myself, but I think this all the time. Unity is just really cool. Sometimes I think it's too good to be true.

3. terransage

terransage

I keep waiting for the dream to end and for me to wake up sitting in front of my old Smith Corona Word Processing Typewriter with its unlit liquid crystal screen and daisy wheel printer. Unity gives me sense of power I never experienced before, mwaahahaha!! :twisted: