Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Praise for UDM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by imparare, Dec 13, 2008.

1. imparare

imparare

Hi,

just wanted to say that over the past few weeks the service I have received from Charles has been first rate. I have both issues but I am still working thru issue 1 with the 'Kings on Strings'.

The UDM is a fantastic addition to the community and the depth of some of the articles is very good indeed.

well done Charles and I hope that this venture has many years ahead of it.

2. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

Charles, if you discontinue the magazine, I'll hunt you down and torture you.

3. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

Thanks, that means a lot.

Discontinuing things is the last thing on my mind. So far, I think issue three is coming together as my favorite. It should be heading off to press next week -- the subscriber base has been growing, potential advertisers are finally starting to return phone calls, and I have more people interested in contributing every day.

4. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

:eek:

:D

I've been lucky enough to work a lot with Charles over the last few months and I can easily say he's a stand-up guy that delivers nothing less than the best. Kudos from my end as well Charles, rock on!

5. Erik Harg

Erik Harg

We're all looking forward to issue #3; I take it that there has been somewhat of a delay since the Dec 14 "should be heading off to press next week" statement?

I totally understand that it is tough work to piece together a magazine of the quality that the first two issues demonstrated, and it's quite natural that there will be some need for rewrites and general time-consuming quality assurance. I just hope that there hasn't been any deeper problems due to the credit crisis, printers going out of business, advertisers backing out or anything that will topple the six-issues-per-year plan?

Anyway, as long as the issue is in the pipeline, I'm sure it'll be as solid, if not more, than the first two issues!

6. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

Issue three was delayed -- on nearly every front imaginable. Ironically, things started blowing up shortly after making that timeline estimate. But it is at the printer and I've finally gotten good things like proofs back and signed off on. No single big reason for the delay -- death by a thousand cuts.

Issue four is near content complete, and it looks like we will be doing something special with some additional content later in March as a thank-you for our subscribers being so patient.

7. Erik Harg

Erik Harg

Thanks for the update, Charles. That's kind of what I expected had happened, so we're still looking forward to issue 3 and 4, and whatever additional content you're able to push our way! :D