Search Unity

PowerUI - Powerful HTML/CSS UI Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by KulestarUK, Aug 16, 2013.

1. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

@midnightcrawler1 Hmm interesting - I've not encountered that before but "Unity Network Error" appears when the error originates from the underlying Unity web request call. My best guess is your requests are being throttled by the remote server as loading multiple WorldUI's simultaneously would result in those requests going out at the same time (unlike your other loop which is possibly loading them one at a time). Under the hood, PowerUI is sitting on top of those same APIs and if you want to explore, it's the Source/Http/HttpRequest.cs file.

So, for the good news :) PowerUI does actually have built in throttle management which should be able to help out. Essentially just do this to configure it at some point during startup:

Code (CSharp):
    1. PowerUI.Http.Web.MaxSimultaneousRequests = 6;
    (From memory I believe 6 matches Chrome). If you request more than 6 simultaneously then they will simply wait in a queue before being handled. Hopefully that should avoid the remote server getting hit with too many requests at once.

2. midnightcrawler1

midnightcrawler1

That's exactly what I was looking for, some sort of throttling management. I looked into HttpRequest.cs but it was beyond me lol.
    After setting this I didn't encounter any errors for up to 500 instances, hopefully this was the problem.
    Thank you boss! saved my day.

KulestarUK likes this.
  3. Guedez

Guedez

Is there any convenient loop tags like ngFor in angular, or I need to implement everything?
    I saw that you can sorta painlessly implement tags, I just want to make sure I will not be wasting effort only to find out that the stuff I just finished was already done and ready to use

OBS: Also, any ngIf and whatnots too?

OBS2: Oh yeah, you want to set the default PowerUI camera to not use occlusion. It makes some UI elements disappear randomly

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  4. KulestarUK

KulestarUK

Hey @Guedez thanks for the info on occlusion - I've made a note to go over that shortly :)

There isn't a built in templating system (mainly because of how opinionated it is!) so the goal has been to add support for as many JS features as possible in order to ideally run any regular JS library. For example everything React sits on is supported and I have heard of a few projects experimenting with Angular too (I haven't personally tried it - I'm more of a React guy), but do be aware that support for these large JS libraries is experimental. Certainly have a play with Angular by straight including it in your project and give it some other file extension so Unity doesn't think it's Unity JS. I would certainly be happy to make changes if there's anything it needs to run fully supported.

Having said that, there has been some recent concepts for making a React-style component technique at the C# level. I.e. essentially defining C# classes with a Render function that returns a virtual DOM. The downside is it involves inventing a few too many new things; my personal opinion is that if people can just use the libraries they're used to then the overall experience is a lot more flexible/ easier.

5. EricWGD

EricWGD

@KulestarUK I'm looking to use PowerUI as part of a HoloLens application. Have you any experience or any solutions to point to using the Mixed Reality Toolkit's in-app keyboard prefab for text entry fields?

I've tried a few approaches with mixed results. Extending HtmlTextareaElement with a custom element caused the field not to render at all. Extending HtmlElement with a child Textarea renders, but I'm having trouble hooking up a focus listener to the child.

Adding a static function onfocus listener as in the Forms example works in the editor, but when trying the build on the HoloLens, I get debug statements saying "Type not found: FormExampleHandler". Searching through the code, this is printed in Element-Javascript.cs when CodeReference.GetFirstType() is null. Looking at that method, there's a preprocessor tag disabling it for Windows Store Apps, which the HoloLens requires.

Any suggestions on best practice or work-arounds for these problems?

6. EricWGD

EricWGD

I added an extra check to Element-Javascript.cs before the error return in case Javascript.CodeReference.GetFirstType returns null (which it always does on HoloLens).

Not sure if there's a reason not to do this, but it gets me around my issue for now. Is there a better way to do this?

Here's a larger look at it:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //Element-Javascript.cs, public object RunLiteral(string attribute,object[] args)...
    3.                 Type type=JavaScript.CodeReference.GetFirstType(className);
    4.                 #if NETFX_CORE
    5.                 if (type == null)
    6.                 {
    7.                     type = Type.GetType(className);
    8.                 }
    9.                 #endif
    11.                 if(type==null){
    12.                     Dom.Log.Add("Type not found: "+className);
    13.                     return null;
    14.                 }

7. Sabariprasadgopal

Sabariprasadgopal

is any update on this??????????????????

drcheeseman and xen23 like this.
  8. CodeLiftSleep

CodeLiftSleep

using Unity 2018.3 I cannot get the create new HTML file to work...it literally does nothing...no file gets added anytime I click it...any help?

UPDATE: Got it to work but I had to right click on the Assets folder and chose Create new HTML File...none of the menu options worked

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  9. midnightcrawler1

midnightcrawler1

I was wondering if text flickering in VR can be fixed somehow, or maybe my settings are wrong, somehow all text (and images) will flicker a lot when they are too far from the camera, I know this is mostly due to VR and low resolution but I didn't have this problem (to this extent) for example when using TextMesh Pro or unity text, with same distance and size.
    Is there any settings/tricks I can tweak to achieve better rendering?
    Thanks

10. midnightcrawler1

midnightcrawler1

This actually helped a lot at the expense of performance:
    XRSettings.eyeTextureResolutionScale = 1.6f;
    Probably this needs to be fixed from outside of PowerUI not sure.

11. Tokatak

Tokatak

Unity 2018.3.0.f1
    Imported package from Asset store.
    Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Web APIs\NPAPI Plugins\Navigator-Plugins.cs(55,55): error CS1069: The type name 'RegistryKey' could not be found in the namespace 'Microsoft.Win32'. This type has been forwarded to assembly 'Microsoft.Win32.Registry, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' Consider adding a reference to that assembly.

Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\WebAssembly\Emit\ReflectionEmit.cs(380,63): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'LocalBuilder' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Reflection.Emit' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\WebAssembly\Emit\ReflectionEmit.cs(207,33): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'AssemblyBuilder' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Reflection.Emit' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

etc.

Any help?

12. ashishwhynot

ashishwhynot

Any Help with Multi Displays? Like i want multiple cameras to use with multi display and power UI.
    I can change the target display of 1 camera which was created with power UI that will come on one display only. So is there a way to get multiple UI instance or something with Multiple camera and display. That would be helpful

13. midnightcrawler1

midnightcrawler1

Is there any way to destroy all the textures associated with WorldUIs? When I destroy WorldUIs all loaded textures are still in memory and I can see them in profile.

14. unity_DyqgnUUOQvr81Q

unity_DyqgnUUOQvr81Q

I've noticed that textareas behave strangely, especially if they are multi-line. Specifically, double-click to select isn't working in single-line text fields. Moreover, drag-selection in multi-line ones seems broken, and newlines behave weirdly with it jumping around and not making the scrollbar properly.

Has anyone else encountered and/or resolved these errors?

15. max2229

max2229

Just change the Api Compatibility Level to .NET 4.x in player settings. Worked for me.

16. drcheeseman

drcheeseman

I'm having the same issue. Just imported this into a new project where I want to create floating UI's over game assets and getting a lot of errors related to things being inaccessible. Already verified my player is using .Net 4.X and project was started under version 2018.3, so I'm at a loss. I think the issues may be due to a change in how asset plugins can interact with the Unity interface to provided added menus and prefab options. Just a shot in the dark.

Example:

C:/Users/nuvio/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.2.15/Editor/Collab/CollabHistoryWindow.cs(20,56): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.Collaboration.ICollabHistoryWindow' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Any help on this? This appears to be the only asset package that does exactly what I'm looking for.

17. TheGameLearner

TheGameLearner

Hi, Sorry if it is simple, but I am unaware of how to do this.
    I used the asset to load URL but the scroll option is not working.
    For Example, I open 'https://www.google.com' and now I see ends are cut in-game view. clicking and dragging do not scroll the webpage.

I have an external input field where the player enters a URL and is supposed to be able to see it on my webpage as a hovering UI option above an AR marker. I got the webpages loaded but I can't seem to get the scrolling to work. I read that I need to attach the two events, but I am not sure what to write and where so that Google.com will become scrollable on screen click and drags.

18. Exa-Adoran

Exa-Adoran

Hello!

i noticed a color difference between unity game view and website in the "On a Unity UI" example.
    When changing the background color to (e.g.) #484848, the grey in unity is much more brighter. (see picture)

Any idea how to fix this? I need the unity canvas implementation in my project.

Kind regards
    Timo

Attached Files:

19. patchworkx

patchworkx

hey ..-- just can not get the asset runnin..-- plz. help .. i got following errors:

Assets\PowerUI\Source\Http\HttpRequest.cs(64,10): error CS0619: 'MovieTexture' is obsolete: 'MovieTexture is removed. Use VideoPlayer instead.'
    ----------
    Assets\PowerUI\Source\Http\HttpRequest.cs(325,10): error CS0619: 'MovieTexture' is obsolete: 'MovieTexture is removed. Use VideoPlayer instead.'
    ----------
    Assets\PowerUI\Source\Engine\Tags\video.cs(173,19): error CS0619: 'MovieTexture' is obsolete: 'MovieTexture is removed. Use VideoPlayer instead.'
    ----------
    Assets\PowerUI\Source\Engine\Tags\video.cs(213,18): error CS0619: 'MovieTexture' is obsolete: 'MovieTexture is removed. Use VideoPlayer instead.'
    -----------
    Assets\PowerUI\Source\Engine\ImagePackage.cs(189,47): error CS0619: 'MovieTexture' is obsolete: 'MovieTexture is removed. Use VideoPlayer instead.'
    -----------
    Assets\PowerUI\Source\Engine\AudioPackage.cs(146,47): error CS0619: 'MovieTexture' is obsolete: 'MovieTexture is removed. Use VideoPlayer instead.'

----------
    Assets\PowerUI\Source\Engine\DataPackage.cs(606,46): error CS0619: 'MovieTexture' is obsolete: 'MovieTexture is removed. Use VideoPlayer instead.'

------------
    Assets\PowerUI\Source\Engine\Image Formats\VideoFormat.cs(33,10): error CS0619: 'MovieTexture' is obsolete: 'MovieTexture is removed. Use VideoPlayer instead.'

20. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

I used PowerUI a long time ago, but i switched to WebGL and it stopped working so i stopped using it.

Does PowerUI work in WebGL now?

21. SardineFish

SardineFish

I import this plugin and got tons of compilling errors caused by "Use of unassigned local variable"
    I found these code in HsyRgb.cs. In code that copy directly from stack overflow.
    Hope these can be fixed soon.

22. Umresh

Umresh

Hi, I imported some java scripts and when running it says
    "ReferenceError: navigator is not defined"
    I changed navigator to windows.navigator then i get
    "Select() is not defined"
    I included jQuery and angular and mathjax (included using local files).

[EDIT]:
    Found the reason for the Error. Navigator and other browser API's won't work has anyone solved this?
    Now I get this Error:

JavaScript compile error (At resources://): System.InvalidOperationException: No matching indexer found.
    at Jint.Runtime.Descriptors.Specialized.IndexDescriptor..ctor (Jint.Engine engine, System.Type targetType, System.String key, System.Object item) [0x000e2] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\Descriptors\Specialized\IndexDescriptor.cs:46
    at Jint.Runtime.Descriptors.Specialized.IndexDescriptor..ctor (Jint.Engine engine, System.String key, System.Object item) [0x00000] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\Descriptors\Specialized\IndexDescriptor.cs:54
    at Jint.Runtime.Interop.ObjectWrapper.GetOwnProperty (System.String propertyName) [0x001b3] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\Interop\ObjectWrapper.cs:98
    at Jint.Native.Object.ObjectInstance.GetProperty (System.String propertyName) [0x00001] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Native\Object\ObjectInstance.cs:140
    at Jint.Native.Object.ObjectInstance.Get (System.String propertyName) [0x00001] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Native\Object\ObjectInstance.cs:66
    at Jint.Engine.GetValue (System.Object value) [0x0009c] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:532
    at Jint.Runtime.ExpressionInterpreter.EvaluateBinaryExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.BinaryExpression expression) [0x0000e] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\ExpressionIntepreter.cs:199
    at Jint.Engine.EvaluateExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.Expression expression) [0x000c7] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:450
    at Jint.Runtime.ExpressionInterpreter.EvaluateExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.Expression expression) [0x00001] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\ExpressionIntepreter.cs:25
    at Jint.Runtime.ExpressionInterpreter.EvaluateLogicalExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.LogicalExpression logicalExpression) [0x0003d] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\ExpressionIntepreter.cs:363
    at Jint.Engine.EvaluateExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.Expression expression) [0x00168] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:471
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteIfStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.IfStatement ifStatement) [0x00001] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:39
    at Jint.Engine.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x00225] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:403
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x00001] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:23
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteStatementList (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] statementList) [0x00029] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:425
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteBlockStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.BlockStatement blockStatement) [0x00001] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:536
    at Jint.Engine.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x0013a] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:373
    at Jint.Native.Function.ScriptFunctionInstance.Call (Jint.Native.JsValue thisArg, Jint.Native.JsValue[] arguments) [0x000c4] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Native\Function\ScriptFunctionInstance.cs:93
    at Jint.Runtime.ExpressionInterpreter.EvaluateCallExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.CallExpression callExpression) [0x002b7] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\ExpressionIntepreter.cs:886
    at Jint.Engine.EvaluateExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.Expression expression) [0x000de] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:453
    at Jint.Runtime.ExpressionInterpreter.EvaluateExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.Expression expression) [0x00001] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\ExpressionIntepreter.cs:25
    at Jint.Runtime.ExpressionInterpreter.EvaluateAssignmentExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.AssignmentExpression assignmentExpression) [0x00013] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\ExpressionIntepreter.cs:46
    at Jint.Engine.EvaluateExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.Expression expression) [0x00099] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:444
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteExpressionStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.ExpressionStatement expressionStatement) [0x00001] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:33
    at Jint.Engine.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x001ca] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:391
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x00001] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:23
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteStatementList (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] statementList) [0x00029] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:425
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteBlockStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.BlockStatement blockStatement) [0x00001] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:536
    at Jint.Engine.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x0013a] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:373
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteIfStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.IfStatement ifStatement) [0x00047] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:48
    at Jint.Engine.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x00225] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:403
    at Jint.Native.Function.ScriptFunctionInstance.Call (Jint.Native.JsValue thisArg, Jint.Native.JsValue[] arguments) [0x000c4] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Native\Function\ScriptFunctionInstance.cs:93
    at Jint.Native.Function.FunctionPrototype.Apply (Jint.Native.JsValue thisObject, Jint.Native.JsValue[] arguments) [0x000ed] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Native\Function\FunctionPrototype.cs:118
    at Jint.Runtime.Interop.ClrFunctionInstance.Call (Jint.Native.JsValue thisObject, Jint.Native.JsValue[] arguments) [0x00002] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\Interop\ClrFunctionInstance.cs:32
    at Jint.Runtime.ExpressionInterpreter.EvaluateCallExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.CallExpression callExpression) [0x002b7] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\ExpressionIntepreter.cs:886
    at Jint.Engine.EvaluateExpression (Jint.Parser.Ast.Expression expression) [0x000de] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:453
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteReturnStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.ReturnStatement statement) [0x00022] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:315
    at Jint.Engine.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x00255] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:409
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteIfStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.IfStatement ifStatement) [0x00029] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:44
    at Jint.Native.Function.FunctionPrototype.Apply (Jint.Native.JsValue thisObject, Jint.Native.JsValue[] arguments) [0x000ed] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Native\Function\FunctionPrototype.cs:118
    at Jint.Runtime.Interop.ClrFunctionInstance.Call (Jint.Native.JsValue thisObject, Jint.Native.JsValue[] arguments) [0x00002] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\Interop\ClrFunctionInstance.cs:32
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteReturnStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.ReturnStatement statement) [0x00022] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:315
    at Jint.Engine.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x00255] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:409
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteVariableDeclaration (Jint.Parser.Ast.VariableDeclaration statement) [0x000b1] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:526
    at Jint.Engine.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x002af] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:421
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteWhileStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.WhileStatement whileStatement) [0x0004b] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Runtime\StatementInterpreter.cs:124
    at Jint.Engine.ExecuteStatement (Jint.Parser.Ast.Statement statement) [0x002c4] in E:\Tempp Unity Project\Assets\PowerUI\Source\JavaScript\Jint\Engine.cs:424
    at Jint.Runtime.StatementInterpreter.ExecuteBlockState<message truncated>

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  23. Umresh

Umresh

Bump...

24. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

I think this project has been abandoned a long time ago

25. SuperBytes

SuperBytes

Hi there!

First of all thanks for this amazing work. By the way, i'm experiencing a problem when I use HtmlUIPanel. I have made a slide input linked to the LengthScale. I'm doing it to increase/decrease typography in real time, it's powerful when your target can suffer visual issues.

In the editor everything works as expected, i move the slide and LengthScale value is linked perfectly, but when I test on Android/iOS devices, LengthScale seems not to work. Is there a way to update the image touching LengthScale dynamically in Android/iOS??

(Playing around, I tried to link the slider to the LengthScale value and also link onValueChanged evento to onEnable() in HtmlUIPanel and it worked, but the wrong news is that the Document generated by powerUI just gets cloned thousands of times until memory explode.. so I think it's just making a new document, maybe is there an "update" method I'm not thinking in)

Thanks in advance!

26. ina

ina

which version of unity has this been tested to work with

27. samuelmorais

samuelmorais

I believe the owner of this package is not able to answer. Maybe that is why he decided to publish this asset as free.

28. zoncan

zoncan

I love this plugin so much better than build-in GUI ;)

MaZy and StevenPicard like this.
  29. tacman1123

tacman1123

Appears that this project has been abandoned.

I can move it to github and fix some of the compile errors (e.g.
    Assets/PowerUI/Source/Engine/DataPackage.cs(606,46): error CS0619: 'MovieTexture' is obsolete: 'MovieTexture is removed. Use VideoPlayer instead.')

Or, are there alternatives?

30. samuelmorais

samuelmorais

Anyone using PowerUI in Unity 2020.1 for Android or iOS?

I am having serious problems with font size and element position and each device behaves differently. Looks like it is completely broken.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

31. MaZy

MaZy

Please read the description. It says clearly:

Unity 3.4 to 2017 known support.

So stick near at these versions if you want to use this plugin and cannot fix it yourself.

32. greeco

greeco

Hi,
    with some minor fixes we have been using it since 2017.4 an running it currently on 20203 and 2019.4 on Hololens1+2, Android and iOs together with ARCore and ARKit.

Rotark likes this.
  33. Rotark

Rotark

Hi greeco and everyone,

I did some digging and a key difference between the Unity Asset Story preview of the package and the github version is the inclusion of the folder Default Managers and the scripts therein. I believe a lot of the people posting on here are seeing errors like I was from the github. I tried importing the github project to 2017.4 and got a slew of errors. Finally, I tried opening downloading the package from the asset store through Unity 2017.4 and I found that the errors went away. I don't know if there was anything else that mattered about that process, but I did notice that the Default Managers and the scripts were there. I'll be trying to upgrade my Unity version with this soon, and if I have any luck, I'll post here about the changes I make. Thanks for all the info, everyone!

TLDR: Try getting the asset from the Unity Asset Store window in Unity version 2017.4

twobob and StevenPicard like this.
  34. arenacolo

arenacolo

A robust HTML/CSS UI framework is a foundational toolset for web developers and designers, streamlining the process of creating visually appealing, responsive, and user-friendly websites and applications. I also faced an issue like unused css for my website, after that improve the following issues for website speed and performance.

This framework provides pre-designed components, styles, and layout structures that can be easily customized to match specific project requirements, saving time and effort while ensuring consistency and a polished user interface.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023