Search Unity

Powerful LOD Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PoliAdmin, Mar 1, 2019.

?

How much should i price it ?

1. 15

2. 20

3. 25

4. 50

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PoliAdmin

PoliAdmin

516x389.jpg

POLI LOD SOLUTION

Hi Everyone! I am happy to announce new Unity extension (My First Submission), currently preparing submission for unity.

Poli LOD System is a powerful Unity extension that allows you to quickly generate and manage 9 levels of LOD for any of your 3D models.

LOD levels are simplified meshes that are generated procedurally by the extension and help optimize your game especially for lower end platforms.

The Poli LOD component takes care everything at run time from enabling the correct mesh for each object depending on its distance to the camera or its screen space cover. This way you can use meshes with lower vertex count when the object is far away or covers small screen space and higher poly counts for up-close views.

ALL FUTURE UPDATES WILL BE FREE !!!

Features Inlcuded:
    • GENERATE 9 LOD LEVELS WITH JUST ONE CLICK !!!
    • Supports both static and skinned meshes
    • Clean, easy to use and powerful UI.
    • Valid for all platforms! Especially useful on mobile.
    • Supports complex object hierarchies with sub-objects and multiple materials.
    • Poli LOD will automatically handle all the components. No scripting needed
    • Supports both screen coverage and distance to camera algorithms.
    • Allows fine tuning priorities to vertices by protection volumes.
    • Classic mesh decimation / Triangle count reduction using the included Simplify tool.
    • Includes full source code
    • Test Scene Included
    Features Under Development: (No Final ETA on this ... But will keep you updated)
    • Vertex Protection Volume - Different Basic Shapes or spline based generation for shapes.
    • Quadrify Generated Meshes on the fly where / if needed
    • Creation of a Simple Single Planar Reflections for Objects (Project Boundary Reflection Planes).
    • Making type of Optimization Required Including Modified Decimation Method (MDM) which takes into account itself Low complexity models (For Low Poly Modeling, If LOD is required).
    • View Mesh Changing on the fly for particular selected models (in Variable modes e.g., with wireframe, etc.)
    Supports Unity 2018.3 + or Older Versions from 5.6 + ...

How would i price it; is a matter of importance.... Would appreciate any suggestion.

POLI LOD in Action:

Rock LODS.jpg

Screenshot from the Included Sample Environment:
    FPS Check.png

Under Development: (Not included in Current Release !!!)
    Mesh Reconstruction: Original Mesh
    LOD0.png
    Reconstructed Mesh
    LOD1.png

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

I am not in need of such asset. But if I were you:

• First I would look what is available in asset store, if you haven't done it.
    • Check what similar product can offer. Check their pricing.
    • Evaluate demand for your product.
    • Evaluate work put so far, and future work into your product.
    • Eventually, evaluate competitive and justified pricing, to what your product can offer.

Mark_01 likes this.
  3. Mark_01

Mark_01

I agree with the above post and important is 5-star rating and see this as a long haul, ( like playmaker),
    people come and go from Unity. My suggestion is much like @Antypodish

Get some sales to get 5 stars to increase the price with updates possible too :)

With so many assets going depreciated there is more than a few people that are wary of
    supporting a new developer on the store, so reputation is important too.

From your posting, I think you will be fine.

Antypodish likes this.
  4. Mark_01

Mark_01

Also, you will get asked if Poli LOD System is integrated with Vegetation Studio / Pro.

5. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Does this work in realtime, too to decimate chunks and generate lod dynamically? Is it fast enough to work in realtime?

Interesting find :)

6. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

First off, this looks interesting. Good job. However, Mark_01 makes some very good points. Personally, I have grown very leery of new asset publishers because so many assets I have bought have been deprecated and\or not updated to work with newer versions of Unity (pretty much abandoned.) The developers of Unity are masters at ignoring backwards compatibility and forcing developers to constantly update their code to match their breaking changes. Many asset developers just give up on it because their sales aren't what they hoped they would be leaving those who purchased it empty handed. I think there are many others who feel the same way as me. So, to shorten my babbling a little, I would take Mark_01's advice.

Mark_01 likes this.
  7. PoliAdmin

PoliAdmin

Hi Mark_01,

To be frank i have not tested it with vegetation studio yet as i am preparing to submit the package for review but just for you i will make it a priority and first thing after submission will update u on this.

Mark_01 likes this.
  8. PoliAdmin

PoliAdmin

Hi Firlefanz73,

It does work in realtime. I have included a realtime scene in the package but with terrain and custom meshes. But if u wish to see something specific do let me know. I will include if here as a demo player so you can check it out.

Firlefanz73 and Mark_01 like this.
  9. Mark_01

Mark_01

Thank you, I was not speaking about me specifically, as I am just a hobby guy with Unity,
    I like having fun, but being 60 and retired I don't see me ever making a game for sale,
    but many, many people use vegetation studio.

I am sure the developer of Vegetation studio, would be more than happy to help,
    as this will end up helping both of you. :)

10. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

I have the stand-alone Mantis LOD generator. It, like the Zbrush/Zplugins decimator, and apparently your project, seem to suffer from one thing that drives me nuts-- Needle polygons and sometimes a folded-under polygon. In your screenshot, LOD 2 has a few near where the tiny text says LOD2. I'll buy anything that checks to avoid that kind of thing. I spend several hours cleaning my LOD meshes every project.

11. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

If it is not full source included, maybe you could add a logo overlay on the screen or something, so users could test it in their Code? That would be great or at least for me would be great lol :)
    I am interested in a test Version if possible thanks
    .. I could tell you how it works with a chunk based game (minecraft but with much more Polygons)...

12. dozhwal

dozhwal

Interested !