Search Unity

Power Inspector | Complete Inspector Rewrite

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SisusCo, Aug 28, 2019.

?

What Are Your Favorite Features?

1. Back and Forward Buttons

2. Search Box

3. Split View

4. Copy-Paste

5. Debug Mode+

6. Quick Invoke Menu

7. Create Script Wizard

8. Keyboard Friendly

9. Improved Tooltips

10. Target Window

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AGregori

AGregori

PI still fails with many custom inspector content. :( In this case the timer input and the notification style popup are rendered unresponsive & non-interactive.

Unity_kd4e92rYSu.png

2. SisusCo

SisusCo

@AGregori Can you tell me what asset that is from? Are the same elements consistently unresponsive, or do they start working if the editor is restarted?

3. AGregori

AGregori

It's Modern UI Pack from Michsky, but the issue rises with other custom editors too. There's no need to restart Unity when this happens in PI, the vanilla Unity inspector works OK even besides PI, and handles these custom editors well.
    In PI, they're consistently unresponsive in each session though.

EDIT: I tried now with a similar custom editor of the same asset, and the entry field input and dropdown menu items now do function in PI. So it seems to be random. o_O

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  4. AGregori

AGregori

Got this, not good.

Unity_cR4XU0LlPz.png

5. SisusCo

SisusCo

Hi @AGregori Do you have any additional details on how to reproduce this error?

6. AGregori

AGregori

Not really, I was just doing my normal workflow, nothing special.

7. SisusCo

SisusCo

Alright thanks for the info - I'll keep an eye out of for this and see if I can figure out what might have caused it.

AGregori likes this.
  8. theforgot3n1

theforgot3n1

I would like the option of being able to turn off the CreateScriptWizard. I usually just wanna slam a script down quick and start editing it. Namespaces and such can come later.

I also wonder what the possibilities for shortcuts are for
    1. Back and forward buttons in the inspector
    2. Adding a component (with or without the wizard)
    3. Focusing on the inspector (usually you can focus the regular inspector with CTRL 3)

(Ideally the [important] hotkeys that work for the regular inspector should work for power inspector, particularly I am thinking of the AddComponent one which is by default CTRL + SHIFT + A)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    Stexe likes this.
  9. theforgot3n1

theforgot3n1

One more point. I could not find out a way to revert whether or not a prefab is enabled. In the default inspector, when you toggle the enable flag, you can also rightclick that toggle to revert it. In the power inspector I couldn't figure out a way to do the same thing.

So far the power inspector works fine on my desktop computer btw so props for the hard work Sisus.

10. SisusCo

SisusCo

@theforgot3n1 Thanks for the feedback! Yeah taking another look at the script creation workflow is something I've been considering doing recently after getting some negative comments about it.

In theory creating scripts in Power Inspector should be almost as fast as it is in the default inspector.

Default Inspector:
    1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add Component menu.
    2. Type the name of class.
    3. (Press the down arrow if existing classes with a similar name already exist.)
    4. Hit enter to open the New Script submenu.
    5. Hit enter again to Create and Add.
    Power Inspector:
    1. Press Ctrl+T to open the Add Component menu.
    2. Type the name of the class.
    3. Press Ctrl+T again to open the Create Script Wizard window.
    4. Hit enter to Create and Add.
    However, in practice the process feels more streamlined in the default inspector because the entire process takes place inside the same Add Component menu, because the Ctrl+T shortcut is less intuitive than just pressing Enter and because it can take a second for the Create Script Wizard to load.

I've been pondering of maybe changing the default script creation flow be closer to the one in the default inspector, and making opening the Create Script Wizard window that gives more control be an optional step.

• Ctrl + Alt + Left Arrow – Step back in inspection history.
    • Ctrl + Alt + Right Arrow – Step forward in inspection history.
    • Shift + Alt + Left Arrow – Open full inspection history context menu in back direction.
    • Shift + Alt + Right Arrow – Open full inspection history context menu in forward direction.
    Documentation here.

This I believe I already answered above: Ctrl + T.

It is also possible to right-click the Add Component button to open the Quick Add Menu containing a list of recently added Components.
    (This one can be particularly useful in those cases where you have to add the same Component serval times in a row.)

Huh, I never realized that anybody was using the open Inspector window shortcut just for moving focus to an already open Inspector window! That's a neat little trick actually.

This possibility is actually currently missing from Power Inspector. The closest thing to it is the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+T which can be used to create a new Power Inspector window as a tab docked next to an already open Power Inspector window.

Stexe likes this.
  11. SisusCo

SisusCo

Right, yeah it seems like 'Revert' for prefab instance changes is indeed missing in Power Inspector for the enabled tick box. I'll try to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Glad to hear it! Just let me know if you need help with anything else.

12. theforgot3n1

theforgot3n1

It is good to know these shortcuts do exist. They add a lot of value.

As a fairly advanced Unity user, I would love it if it was possible to modify the shortcuts myself, preferably via the Shortcut Manager. Although the chosen shortcuts are not bad, I personally have a much easier time using ALT over CTRL so I would change the add component shortcut to ALT+C instead of CTRL+T. It is also really helpful to get a quick and efficient overlook over all your shortcuts - including easier to realize what great shortcuts are actually available!

In summary, being able to modify the most essential power inspector shortcuts would be great.

13. SisusCo

SisusCo

@theforgot3n1 I agree wholeheartedly! I've tried to take care to expose pretty much all shortcuts for customization in the preferences.

The key config preferences can be found at:
    Edit > Preferences > Power Inspector > Edit Preferences > Input > Key Configs
    Edit-Preferences-Power-Inspector-Input-KeyConfigs.png

The shortcuts for main menu items can be customized through the Shortcuts window:
    Edit > Shortcuts... > Search for "Power Inspector"
    Edit-Shortcuts-Power-Inspector.png

14. theforgot3n1

theforgot3n1

Good to know it's all customizable in the preferences. Would it be possible to expose those shortcuts also in the shortcut manager? For example adding the add component and back/forward shortcuts to the shortcut manager.

15. SisusCo

SisusCo

Hmmm, maybe... but I'm not sure if would be possible to pull off without it resulting in all existing users' custom shortcuts being ignored. I can look into it a bit.

16. SisusCo

SisusCo

Power Inspector version 1.6.5 is now available for download.

It includes an overhauled workflow for creating new scripts through the Add Component menu.
    This now works more similarly to the default Inspector and makes it possible to create new scripts within seconds with the entire process taking place inside the Add Component menu.

NewCreateScriptWorkflow004.png

There is now also a new menu item that can be used to open a new Power Inspector window or move focus to existing Power Inspector window which last had focus if one already exists.

FocusOrOpenNew.png

The shortcut for this can be configured through the Edit > Shortcuts... main menu item.

theforgot3n1, Stexe and AGregori like this.
  17. theforgot3n1

theforgot3n1

Those are some really neat updates! The AddComponent stuff is big, I'll see how it is testing it out.

Whenever I use PowerInspector I think to myself kind of like how the .NETers thought to themselves - what if we put .NET Framework into a core set of features and called it .NET Core? There are tons of features in PowerInspector all of which have their use cases but I really want a subset of those features: copy/paste, debug mode+/invoke, split view, back and forward and maybe search box. If the most core features of PowerInspector were extracted and put into a highly polished and maintained (I discover bugs/missing feature parity here and there) Core, I don't see how that wouldn't be a literal Go-To inspector asset.

18. SisusCo

SisusCo

@theforgot3n1 That is a fair point, thank you for the feedback. Building a leaner and cleaner version of Power Inspector from scratch using UI Toolkit instead of IMGUI is something I have actually been fantasizing about doing for some time.

theforgot3n1 likes this.
  19. BagarraoEduardo

BagarraoEduardo

Hello Timo,

After downloading the latest version of Power Inspector I'm having some problems here:

Captura de ecrã 2022-02-17, às 23.10.07.png
    Captura de ecrã 2022-02-17, às 23.10.01.png

Do you know what it can be?

My Specs:

- MacOS 12.2
    - Unity 2021.3.26f1

Thank you so much in advance!

Best Regards,
    Eduardo Bagarrão

20. SisusCo

SisusCo

Hey Eduardo!

It could be that something went wrong with the installation. Could you try deleting the
    Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code
    folder in its entirety and then try reimporting the version 1.6.5 package?

I hope this helps!

BagarraoEduardo likes this.
  21. BagarraoEduardo

BagarraoEduardo

Hey Sisus,

Sorry for the delay, but couldn't get to the laptop and test before! After remove that folder and installing again it's working fine! Thank you for the help!

Best Regards,
    Eduardo Bagarrão

SisusCo likes this.
  22. esteban16108

esteban16108

Hi, is it possible on the Script Wizard to add our own Types? Lets say I want to create a new C# scripts that inherit from a Class I made.

23. SisusCo

SisusCo

Hey @esteban16108 Yes you can add your own templates at the path
    Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\HelperAssets\CreateScriptDialog\SmartScriptTemplates

For example
    MyBaseClass.cs.txt
    with content:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. BASECLASS=MyBaseClass
    2. public class $ClassName : MyBaseClass
    3. {
    4.     $Functions
    5. }

24. AGregori

AGregori

New show-stopping error:

null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture
    UnityEngine.GUI:DrawTexture (UnityEngine.Rect,UnityEngine.Texture,UnityEngine.ScaleMode)
    Sisus.TransformMemberBaseDrawer:DrawPrefix (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/UnityObject/Component/CustomEditor/Transform/TransformMemberBaseDrawer.cs:372)
    Sisus.ParentFieldDrawer`1<UnityEngine.Vector3>:Draw (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/Field/Parent/ParentFieldDrawer.cs:1641)
    Sisus.TransformDrawer:DrawFoldableContent (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/UnityObject/Component/CustomEditor/Transform/TransformDrawer.cs:374)
    Sisus.TransformDrawer:Draw (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/UnityObject/Component/CustomEditor/Transform/TransformDrawer.cs:330)
    Sisus.GameObjectDrawer:DrawBody (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/UnityObject/GameObject/GameObjectDrawer.cs:1698)
    Sisus.GameObjectDrawer:Draw (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/UnityObject/GameObject/GameObjectDrawer.cs:1527)
    Sisus.Inspector`2<Sisus.PowerInspectorWindow, Sisus.PowerInspectorToolbar>:DrawViewport () (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Inspector/Core/Inspector.cs:2110)
    Sisus.Inspector`2<Sisus.PowerInspectorWindow, Sisus.PowerInspectorToolbar>:DrawViewport (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Inspector/Core/Inspector.cs:2026)
    Sisus.PowerInspector:OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect,bool) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Inspector/Power Inspector/PowerInspector.cs:152)
    Sisus.InspectorDrawerWindow`2<Sisus.PowerInspectorWindow, Sisus.PowerInspector>:OnGUI () (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/EditorWindow/InspectorDrawerWindow.cs:2262)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

25. AGregori

AGregori

It happens on a simple mesh inspector, I'm not doing anything.

Unity_22kP8ufRRp.png

26. AGregori

AGregori

Ongoing issue:

null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture
    UnityEngine.GUI:DrawTexture (UnityEngine.Rect,UnityEngine.Texture,UnityEngine.ScaleMode)
    Sisus.TransformMemberBaseDrawer:DrawPrefix (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/UnityObject/Component/CustomEditor/Transform/TransformMemberBaseDrawer.cs:372)
    Sisus.ParentFieldDrawer`1<UnityEngine.Vector3>:Draw (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/Field/Parent/ParentFieldDrawer.cs:1641)
    Sisus.TransformDrawer:DrawFoldableContent (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/UnityObject/Component/CustomEditor/Transform/TransformDrawer.cs:374)
    Sisus.TransformDrawer:Draw (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/UnityObject/Component/CustomEditor/Transform/TransformDrawer.cs:330)
    Sisus.GameObjectDrawer:DrawBody (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/UnityObject/GameObject/GameObjectDrawer.cs:1698)
    Sisus.GameObjectDrawer:Draw (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/UnityObject/GameObject/GameObjectDrawer.cs:1527)
    Sisus.Inspector`2<Sisus.PowerInspectorWindow, Sisus.PowerInspectorToolbar>:DrawViewport () (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Inspector/Core/Inspector.cs:2110)
    Sisus.Inspector`2<Sisus.PowerInspectorWindow, Sisus.PowerInspectorToolbar>:DrawViewport (UnityEngine.Rect) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Inspector/Core/Inspector.cs:2026)
    Sisus.PowerInspector:OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect,bool) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Inspector/Power Inspector/PowerInspector.cs:152)
    Sisus.InspectorDrawerWindow`2<Sisus.PowerInspectorWindow, Sisus.PowerInspector>:OnGUI () (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/EditorWindow/InspectorDrawerWindow.cs:2262)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

27. SisusCo

SisusCo

@AGregori Thanks for letting me know, I'll investigate what the issue is.

AGregori likes this.
  28. SisusCo

SisusCo

@AGregori An update can now be found in the asset store that should fix the null texture error.

The issue started happening due to an icon asset having been changed in the latest Unity versions to a different one.

AGregori likes this.
  29. AGregori

AGregori

@SisusCo Thanks!

We all hate how Unity keeps shuffling stuff between versions (an icon in this case), breaking extensions in the process. o_O

30. esteban16108

esteban16108

@SisusCo Hi i'm having this weird exception in Unity 2020.3.27f1

Code (CSharp):
    1. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2.   at Sisus.IndexerData.get_IsStatic () [0x00001] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Generic\LinkedMemberInfo\IndexerData.cs:97
    3.   at Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo.get_IsStatic () [0x00001] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Generic\LinkedMemberInfo\LinkedMemberInfo.cs:250
    4.   at Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo.UpdateValueNeedsToBeUpdatedRecursively () [0x00135] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Generic\LinkedMemberInfo\LinkedMemberInfo.cs:2597
    5.   at Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo.SetupIndexer (Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo setParent, System.Reflection.PropertyInfo propertyInfo, Sisus.LinkedMemberParent setParentType) [0x0005d] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Generic\LinkedMemberInfo\LinkedMemberInfo.cs:1301
    6.   at Sisus.LinkedMemberInfoPool.CreateIndexer (Sisus.LinkedMemberHierarchy hierarchy, Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo parent, System.Reflection.PropertyInfo propertyInfo, Sisus.LinkedMemberParent parentType) [0x00024] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Pooling\LinkedMemberInfoPool.cs:193
    7.   at Sisus.LinkedMemberHierarchy.Get (Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo parent, System.Reflection.PropertyInfo property, Sisus.LinkedMemberParent parentType, System.String serializedPropertyRelativePath) [0x00060] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Generic\LinkedMemberInfo\LinkedMemberHierarchy.cs:1198
    8.   at Sisus.TypeExtensions.GetInspectorViewableProperties (System.Type type, Sisus.LinkedMemberHierarchy& hierarchy, Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo parentMemberInfo, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo]& results, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingFlags, System.Boolean includeHidden, Sisus.PropertyVisibility propertyVisibility, Sisus.LinkedMemberParent parentType) [0x00081] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Extensions\TypeExtensions.cs:4008
    9.   at Sisus.ParentDrawerUtility.GetMemberBuildList (System.Type parentType, Sisus.IParentDrawer parent, Sisus.LinkedMemberHierarchy hierarchy, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo]& results, Sisus.DebugModeDisplaySettings debugModeSettings, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingFlags) [0x000c5] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Utility\ParentDrawerUtility.cs:2349
    10.   at Sisus.ParentDrawerUtility.GetMemberBuildList (System.Type parentType, Sisus.IParentDrawer parent, Sisus.LinkedMemberHierarchy hierarchy, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo]& results, System.Boolean includeHidden, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingFlags) [0x0000a] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Utility\ParentDrawerUtility.cs:2287
    11.   at Sisus.ParentDrawerUtility.GetMemberBuildList (Sisus.IParentDrawer parent, Sisus.LinkedMemberHierarchy hierarchy, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo]& results, System.Boolean includeHidden, System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingFlags) [0x00001] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Utility\ParentDrawerUtility.cs:2275
    12.   at Sisus.DataSetDrawer.DoGenerateMemberBuildList () [0x0001c] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Field\Parent\DataSetDrawer.cs:110
    13.   at Sisus.ParentFieldDrawer`1[TValue].GenerateMemberBuildList () [0x00001] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Field\Parent\ParentFieldDrawer.cs:728
    14.   at Sisus.ParentFieldDrawer`1[TValue].Setup (TValue setValue, System.Type setValueType, Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo setMemberInfo, Sisus.IParentDrawer setParent, UnityEngine.GUIContent setLabel, System.Boolean setReadOnly) [0x00011] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Field\Parent\ParentFieldDrawer.cs:714
    15.   at Sisus.DataSetDrawer.Setup (System.Object setValue, System.Type setValueType, Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo setMemberInfo, Sisus.IParentDrawer setParent, UnityEngine.GUIContent setLabel, System.Boolean setReadOnly) [0x0005b] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Field\Parent\DataSetDrawer.cs:81
    16.   at Sisus.DataSetDrawer.SetupInterface (System.Object setValue, System.Type setValueType, Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo setMemberInfo, Sisus.IParentDrawer setParent, UnityEngine.GUIContent setLabel, System.Boolean setReadOnly) [0x00001] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Field\Parent\DataSetDrawer.cs:61
    17.   at Sisus.DrawerProviderBase.GetForField (System.Type drawerType, System.Object value, System.Type valueType, Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo memberInfo, Sisus.IParentDrawer parent, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Boolean readOnly) [0x00009] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Provider\DrawerProviderBase.cs:773
    18.   at Sisus.DrawerProviderBase.GetForField (System.Object value, System.Type fieldType, Sisus.LinkedMemberInfo memberInfo, Sisus.IParentDrawer parent, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, System.Boolean readOnly, System.Boolean ignoreAttributes) [0x00238] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Provider\DrawerProviderBase.cs:714
    19.   at Sisus.ParentDrawerUtility.BuildMembers (Sisus.IDrawerProvider drawerProvider, Sisus.IParentDrawer parent, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] buildList, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] results) [0x000a7] in C:\Users\esteb\UnityProjects\Ablizmo\IMC\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Utility\ParentDrawerUtility.cs:2488

31. SisusCo

SisusCo

Hi @esteban16108
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll start working on a fix.

esteban16108 likes this.
  32. SisusCo

SisusCo

@esteban16108 A fix for the NullReferenceException has been submitted to the Asset Store, it should become available for download on Monday or a bit later. Drop me a message if you need the fix before that and I can send it to you.

I hope you have a nice weekend!

esteban16108 likes this.
  33. esteban16108

esteban16108

@SisusCo I'm having the following exception, I'm adding the split inspector in the screenshot just for context

upload_2022-10-10_11-43-50.png

34. SisusCo

SisusCo

@esteban16108 thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it.

esteban16108 likes this.
  35. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

on 2023 a16 (Odin has a beta in testing that works with a16) but seems this addon broke around a14 aswel

Code (CSharp):
    1. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2.   at Sisus.Compatibility.PluginCompatibilityUtility.HasOdinInjectedItsEditors () [0x00021] in C:\Projects\Unity\FFS\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Compatibility\PluginCompatibilityUtility.cs:98
    3.   at Sisus.Compatibility.PluginCompatibilityUtility.OtherToolsHaveInjectedTheirEditors () [0x00012] in C:\Projects\Unity\FFS\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Compatibility\PluginCompatibilityUtility.cs:51
    4.   at Sisus.CustomEditorUtility..cctor () [0x0000b] in C:\Projects\Unity\FFS\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Utility\CustomEditorUtility.cs:53
    5. UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes (System.Type[])
    Code (CSharp):
    1. System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Sisus.CustomEditorUtility' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2.   at Sisus.Compatibility.PluginCompatibilityUtility.HasOdinInjectedItsEditors () [0x00021] in C:\Projects\Unity\FFS\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Compatibility\PluginCompatibilityUtility.cs:98
    3.   at Sisus.Compatibility.PluginCompatibilityUtility.OtherToolsHaveInjectedTheirEditors () [0x00012] in C:\Projects\Unity\FFS\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Compatibility\PluginCompatibilityUtility.cs:51
    4.   at Sisus.CustomEditorUtility..cctor () [0x0000b] in C:\Projects\Unity\FFS\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Utility\CustomEditorUtility.cs:53
    5.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    6.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_generic_class_init(intptr)
    7.   at Sisus.DefaultDrawerProvider+<GetAllSetupTasks>d__11.MoveNext () [0x000d8] in C:\Projects\Unity\FFS\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Provider\DefaultDrawerProvider.cs:243
    8.   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WhenAll (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] tasks) [0x000ba] in <ce684c3e0df64d06ab6e471b9b78c4aa>:0
    9.   at Sisus.DefaultDrawerProvider.SetupThreaded () [0x000a6] in C:\Projects\Unity\FFS\Assets\Sisus\Power Inspector\Code\Editor\Drawers\Provider\DefaultDrawerProvider.cs:102
    10. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    11. Sisus.DefaultDrawerProvider/<SetupThreaded>d__8:MoveNext () (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/Provider/DefaultDrawerProvider.cs:120)
    12. System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder:Start<Sisus.DefaultDrawerProvider/<SetupThreaded>d__8> (Sisus.DefaultDrawerProvider/<SetupThreaded>d__8&)
    13. Sisus.DefaultDrawerProvider:SetupThreaded ()
    14. Sisus.DefaultDrawerProvider:.ctor () (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/Provider/DefaultDrawerProvider.cs:66)
    15. System.Activator:CreateInstance (System.Type)
    16. Sisus.DefaultDrawerProviders:SetupType (System.Type) (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/Provider/DefaultDrawerProviders.cs:442)
    17. Sisus.DefaultDrawerProviders/<>c__DisplayClass17_0:<CreateSetupTask>b__0 () (at Assets/Sisus/Power Inspector/Code/Editor/Drawers/Provider/DefaultDrawerProviders.cs:400)
    18. System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback:PerformWaitCallback ()

36. SisusCo

SisusCo

@Slashbot64 Thanks for letting me know! I'll start working on a compatibility fix asap.

37. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

Any fix update? Odin is now working again in A14+ just not this

38. SisusCo

SisusCo

@Slashbot64 Apologies for the long wait! It's been a hectic few weeks for me.

2023.1 a14+ support is still a work in progress. I'll try to finish it up soon, but it might only be done next week unfortunately. There are some changes that have happened with custom editor handling in the alpha versions that requires some work on my end.

39. SisusCo

SisusCo

@Slashbot64 Power Inspector 1.6.7 has now been submitted to the Asset Store for review.

It fixes compatibility issues and warnings from calling deprecated methods in Unity versions 2023.1.0a14 and later, and has been tested to work with the latest version of Odin Inspector.

40. Bezoro

Bezoro

1.6.7 seems to not be working in 2021.3.15f1
    Something in PluginsCompatibilityUtility.cs

41. SisusCo

SisusCo

@Bezoro Yes, I accidentally broke Odin support in older Unity versions while adding support for Unity 2023.1.

A fix has already been submitted to the asset store, but it won't go through until after the weekend. I can send you the fixed version.

Bezoro likes this.
  42. caka9999

caka9999

Unity: 2022.1.23f1
    Power Inspector: 1.6.7

@SisusCo Hi, There is a bug when use categorized components. Please see the full image.

But the version 1.6.5 is right.

Attached Files:

• Bug.png
      Bug.png
      File size:
      136.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  43. SisusCo

SisusCo

44. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

Here is a feature req I had been wanting for years

Another option for Copy Component.. that actually copies the namespace class text...its a such pain in the ass trying to find some components actual names to use in scripts.. like this would be 'TheraBytes.BetterUi.BetterTextMeshProInputField'
    Unity_bn2P3whqxx.png
    could you make the option also appear in the normal inspector and not just the power inspector..for various reason I have both inspectors used.. dunno why but power inspector is never really 100% error or bug free in how it displays somethings so I switch between both

45. SisusCo

SisusCo

@Slashbot64 Drop this in an Editor folder and the menu item should appear in both Inspectors ;)

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEditor;
    2. using UnityEngine;
    4. public static class ObjectContextMenuExtensions
    5. {
    6.     [MenuItem("CONTEXT/Object/Copy Full Name")]
    7.     public static void CopyFullName(MenuCommand command)
    8.     {
    9.         GUIUtility.systemCopyBuffer = command.context.GetType().FullName;
    10.     }
    11. }

What is it with TextMeshPro and unrecallable names btw?
    I always have to check what the name of TMPro.TMP_Text was again :D

46. Slashbot64

Slashbot64

Awesome thanks.. I can't believe it was that simple and yeah TMP stuff.... should have asked about it years ago lol such a useful thing to have for a beginner aswel.

SisusCo likes this.
  47. caka9999

caka9999

Hi,is the bug fixed?

48. SisusCo

SisusCo

@NaAGames-YangHaoran Apologies for the long wait! I have not fixed the issue yet, but it is one of the next issues on my backlog.

49. nghillaz

nghillaz

Just purchased Power Inspector and am getting odd rendering issues with prefab objects.
    No errors or anything in the Console. This is on 2022.2.1f1

upload_2023-2-3_18-22-22.png

50. SisusCo

SisusCo

Hey @nghillaz
    Can you give more details about the component that is getting drawn incorrectly? I wonder if it has an UI Toolkit based custom inspector that doesn't work properly inside an IMGUI based window for some reason.