Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question (Potential Bug) Cache Server Mode for Asset Pipeline v2 always fails connection to local machine

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by BTStone, Dec 3, 2019.

1. BTStone

BTStone

Hey Unity,

I can't quite pinpoint what's going on here, if I'm doing something wrong or this is just buggy.
    So in the preferences I wanted to activate the Cache Server in an empty project, since v1 of the AssetPipeline is deprecated I thought I'll use the v2 one.
    Set the Server Default Mode to "Enabled"
    Now the question is: what to type in to the default IP address when working locally and not an actual remote server.
    I tried these: localhost, Localhost, 127.0.0.0, my actual IP, nothing worked.
    I always got the "Connection failed" Warning:

Screen.png

On top of that, every time I type something into that IP Inputfield the editor stalls like 6 seconds until it processes the next character until my complete input was registered - what's wrong here?

With the deprecated Asset Pipeline the setup was quite easier since you could set the Mode directly to Local and hadn't specify an IP, would be neat if it works like that again.

2. BTStone

BTStone

Tried it with new release candidate 2019.3.0f3, exact same problems :/

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  4. BTStone

BTStone

Oh, didn't know that. Maybe you should put an Warning to those Preferences, pointing out that one should install that accelerator package in order to get it to work.

LeonhardP likes this.