Search Unity

Potential Bug. Any work arounds?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Andy608, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Andy608

Andy608

Hello. I am creating a game for my production class at college and I'm using the new input system. For one, I have noticed little to no threads about it when looking up issues I run into regarding the new system.

Currently, I have a bug where it says:

"
    LayoutNotFoundException: Cannot find control layout 'HID::Nintendo Wireless Gamepad'
    UnityEngine.InputSystem.Layouts.InputControlLayout+Cache.FindOrLoadLayout (System.String name) (at
    "

I've had my nintendo controllers synced through bluetooth in the past and didn't have these errors. It seems to only happen when I don't have my controllers plugged in.

Additionally, my Input Controllers won't "Reset()" so I cannot edit them anymore. I tried deleting the Library folder and having Unity recreate it to no eval. It's worth noting that the controls still work when I run the game, I just cannot access the Input window anymore. In the image below, the Input Controller should not just be a big gray box.

InputResetGlitch.png

My question is, how do I fix both of these errors? When I don't have a switch controller plugged in, the engine should not care and not do the input for that controller type. I think that error is causing the Input tree to not update, but I can't be certain.

I am using Unity version 2019.2.2f and input system 0.9.6 preview.

This is a big issue since this project is very time-sensitive and for a grade.

Any help is greatly appreciated!