Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug pot pourri of bugs & stuff

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by laurentlavigne, Dec 25, 2021.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Didn't feel like massaging the medium export fbx to please unreal's sensitivity to degenerate polygons so i fired up unity to use it as a render engine for stills, using hdrp path tracing and ran into a F***ton of glitches...
    here is what i ran within an hour, too many to use the bug reporter (which is still clunky) but for tracking I made a meta (I said it) bug report that points here #1390696
    1. layer menu frozen open upload_2021-12-25_11-57-44.png
    2. the layer menu was stuck, after i pressed edit layout it went away but then
    3. ctrl+d no longer working
    4. no longer able to edit fields
    5. added a uitoolkit document in the scene and nothing appeared, not easy enough to use so switched back to uigui
    6. found UI text in legacy, don't do that until TMP works on japanese characters without having to jump through hoops
    7. when changing game view resolution the path traced image got stretched
    8. scale negative a sphere doesn't invert face normals so that old trick to make a envirosphere doesn't work in pathtracing
    9. pathtracing too noisy even at 16k samples, PT should keep accumulating like any other PT
    10. love the look and speed by the way, also love that shader compiling is relatively fast compared to unreal
    11. still no search in inspector and still that clunky search button inside the search field that's in the way
    12. still highlight in dark mode is too meek for fast work
    13. when resizing the windows the PT in game view stretches
    14. arnoldshader opacity doesn't work
    15. emissive on lit shader doesn't emit, only modulates color in PT

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  2. PutridEx

PutridEx

About .9, pathtracer is probably getting a denoiser in 2022(see github), and also sky importance sampling for less noise.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

great, thx