Search Unity

PostProcessing Stack doesn't work with Multiple Render Targets (MRT)

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Barkley, May 17, 2019.

1. Barkley

Barkley

Hi,

We're trying to use Multiple Render Target to generate extra info in Forward rendering for some post-processing. When activating MRT on a camera Post Processing stops working.

I've already found a solution to this 'bug' (I understand it's a bug right?) and have it working in a local version of PostProcessing I've created for this purpose. I could provide it (via a Pull request in GitHub) along with a small test project I've used to check it works.

How should I proceed? I'm not sure if I should directly do the pull request, or if I should file a bug with the Unity tool or anything else.

Thanks in advance,
    Eduardo

2. GoGoGadget

GoGoGadget

Haven't tried myself but how would you expect a PostProcessing stack to handle being fed MRT instead of a single RT in all use cases? PostProcessing by default only needs a screen texture (+sometimes GBuffer textures) to operate.

3. Barkley

Barkley

I'm not expecting post-processing to be applied to the secondary (and further) render targets, only to the main render target (the first one). I would expect that to be the default behavior, but it'd be good to be able to determine (through code) what's the target you want to apply the post processing for any given layer.