Search Unity

PostProcessing RenderTextureDesc width

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by gumboots, Feb 21, 2018.

1. gumboots

gumboots

Hi all,

I am animating cameras in and out that use the PostProcessing stack. However I am receiving an error when the camera gets too small:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: RenderTextureDesc width must be greater than zero.
    2. Parameter name: desc.width
    3. UnityEngine.RenderTexture.ValidateRenderTextureDesc (RenderTextureDescriptor desc) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Texture.cs:150)
    4. UnityEngine.RenderTexture.GetTemporary (RenderTextureDescriptor desc) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Texture.cs:130)
    5. UnityEngine.RenderTexture.GetTemporary (Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 depthBuffer, RenderTextureFormat format, RenderTextureReadWrite readWrite, Int32 antiAliasing, RenderTextureMemoryless memorylessMode, VRTextureUsage vrUsage, Boolean useDynamicScale) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/TextureBindings.gen.cs:1180)
    6. UnityEngine.RenderTexture.GetTemporary (Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 depthBuffer, RenderTextureFormat format, RenderTextureReadWrite readWrite) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/TextureBindings.gen.cs:1134)
    7. UnityEngine.PostProcessing.RenderTextureFactory.Get (Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 depthBuffer, RenderTextureFormat format, RenderTextureReadWrite rw, FilterMode filterMode, TextureWrapMode wrapMode, System.String name) (at Assets/PostProcessing/Runtime/Utils/RenderTextureFactory.cs:30)
    8. UnityEngine.PostProcessing.BloomComponent.Prepare (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.Material uberMaterial, UnityEngine.Texture autoExposure) (at Assets/PostProcessing/Runtime/Components/BloomComponent.cs:86)
    9. UnityEngine.PostProcessing.PostProcessingBehaviour.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination) (at Assets/PostProcessing/Runtime/PostProcessingBehaviour.cs:239)
    I have tried to set a minimum size for the camera (5 pixels), however the error is still thrown. I'm wondering if anyone might have a solution to this?

Basically I don't want to turn off PostProcessing as that will be jarring as the camera shows/hides, so I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid it calling for a RenderTexture if it's too small. Or even the minimum size the screen can be? I've tried to dig through the code to find out why it's happening, but from what I can find it only ever goes to a quarter of the screen resolution, so making it 5 pixels should be plenty.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. gumboots

gumboots

I'm actually still struggling with this, in case anyone has any ideas?

3. vexe

vexe

Same here. Maybe there's a way to turn off post processing for the scene view camera?

4. MetaMythril

MetaMythril

Any info on this? I'm getting the same issue on 2018.2.7f1

5. paradoxedone_unity

paradoxedone_unity

I was just having this issue as well. I went down the post processing stack and noticed the error resolved when I decreased the size of the "Radius" slider in the Bloom settings. Hope this helps.

NatCou and itamarazmoni123 like this.
  6. Norman_Reedus

Norman_Reedus

[QUOTE = "paradoxedone_unity, post: 4324888, member: 2780590"] У меня тоже была эта проблема. Я спустился вниз по стеку постобработки и заметил, что ошибка устранена, когда я уменьшил размер ползунка «Радиус» в настройках Bloom. Надеюсь, это поможет. [/ QUOTE]
    Ты оказался первым же помогающим запросом в гугле, теперь ты в истории)

7. NatCou

NatCou

Thanks that worked!