Search Unity

Question Postprocessing depth of field not working on image marker prefab

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by cam415, Jun 11, 2020.

1. cam415

cam415

I have a scene that is using an image marker to instantiate an object.
    The depth of field post process effect shown in my device view is not working on my instantiated object. The simulated environment has a post process profile as does my camera.
    using built in pipeline with post processing stack (v2)

EDIT: This was fixed when I reimportrd mars

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. Jono_Unity

Jono_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @cam415! By default we composite the rendering of the simulated environment (background) and the AR content (foreground), and apply the post processing effects to the 'inactive' layer. We render this way so that 1) simulation gives true-to-reality occlusion (being no occlusion, until you set up occluder objects) of AR content by default, and 2) to provide a visual distinction between what's environment & what's your content. That second bit is where the selective post processing comes in: by default, the environment will receive post processing, and your AR content will not.

If you set up a post processing volume + layer in your main scene, then you should be seeing that one applied to your content (in simulation & more importantly when built to device). Some changes may require re-syncing the simulation (a button on the toolbar in the Device view, or in the 'simulation controls' panel of the MARS Panel window). You mentioned that the issue was resolved when you re-imported MARS, which may've just been a matter of re-simulating.

Are you having any other issues with post-processing?

jmunozarUTech likes this.