Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Post your favorite Assets!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClaudiaTheDev, Jun 30, 2019.

1. ClaudiaTheDev

ClaudiaTheDev

I am looking for useful assets!
    Post between one and three of your favorite assets and write a short statement why you like them.

Here are some of mine:

Post Processing Stack
    Its free and you can make look rather boring graphics decent in a very short amout of time! Look like the cartoon style really comes to life with it! Thank you Unity for this wonderful free asset!

upload_2019-6-30_18-36-43.png

Fantasy Kingdom - Building Pack
    This asset is my favorite buildings and environment pack for cartoon low poly games. It has a huge number of prefabs and for the current low price you get so much! It is well optimized and almost all objects are sharing the same material. The demo scenes are really great too!
    In the upper image i used a lot of models and materials from this pack.

Controller Overlays & Button Kits
    It contains images of all common controllers and keyboard in different size and style. Combined with InputControl or another input asset you can really quickly show different help depending of the current input.

upload_2019-6-30_18-46-24.png

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

I second the Post Processing Stack (and PPS V2). I remember When Unity 5 came out, I was very excited about finally getting access to post-processing (used to be Pro-only before that), but quickly discovered that Unity's Post processing wasn't all that great. People were always recommending buying third-party products like Amplify at the time. The Post Processing Stack was a huge improvement, though. Easy to use and quality results.

I also like Dialogue System for Unity. It took me a long time to learn how to use it properly, but it has all of the features that you could ever want in a dialogue system. Another great thing about it is how the UI is completely abstracted from the core system, so it's very easy to customize and make your own interface.