Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Tags

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by eneroth3, Nov 3, 2018.

1. eneroth3

eneroth3

Hi all!

The tagging system on this forum drives me slightly nuts. I can understand some sort of organization system is needed in such a large forum, but I'm not convinced the current implementation is it.

I'm unable to post without adding at least one tag (edit: okay, today I could but not a few days ago). However, there is no simple way to see what tags are available and I just keep getting errors that the tags i try to write aren't recognized.

Some days suggestions shows up after you've started writing (but you have to guess in the dark for the first letter). Today not even that works, but now I noticed there is a list of "available tags" consisting of "admin" as the one and only entry.

This system is confusing and highly frustrating. Would it be possible to just write our own tags as we can on the SketchUp forum, and maybe make it completely optional?

Edit: As stated in the previous edit it appears tags are suddenly optional, but a few days ago I wasn't able to post without attaching an arbitrary and irrelevant tag to my post (due to the problems described above I wasn't able to attach a relevant tag). Maybe the forum has already been updated to fix the issue, or it works differently in different categories.

JamesClow likes this.