Search Unity

Post processing with built in render pipeline

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by MikeyJY, Jun 28, 2020.

1. MikeyJY

MikeyJY

Hi, I want to add a post processing profile to my game. I'm not using a Scriptable Render Pipeline, just a standard 3d project. Is this package what I need? How to apply the post processing profile asset to the graphics?
    upload_2020-6-28_18-25-30.png

2. daniellye

daniellye

First, create an Empty Object, then clicked Add Component and click on Post-process Volume.

You should get something like this (I renamed my Empty Object into Post Processing Volume):
    upload_2020-10-7_18-35-0.png

Inside the Post-processing Volume component, you'll see this:
    upload_2020-10-7_18-37-19.png

Create a new Post-processing (PP) Profile, or clone an existing one. You can create multiple profiles to create different scenarios (i.e. one with high exposure, one with low exposure, for example)

These profiles are where you store all the information, so if you'd like a project to use the same settings as another project, you can simply copy the PP profile over and let the PP volume use it.

Then, click on Add Effect... to add PP effects into the profile.
    upload_2020-10-7_18-41-57.png

Lastly, in the camera, you may need to add a Post-process Layer component for it to be influenced by the PP volume. You'll have to set a layer which contains the PP volume. In this case, I placed the volume inside the PostProcessing layer (notice the top right corner of the previous pictures), but you can set it to any layer you want, or make a new layer just for it.
    upload_2020-10-7_18-43-42.png

Hope this helps :)

3. MikeyJY

MikeyJY

thx a lot