Search Unity

Post Processing | Where would I start to achieve the look in this image?

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by DarkEcho, Mar 28, 2019.

1. DarkEcho

DarkEcho

Post Processing | Where would I start to achieve the look in this image?
    Litterally what it says on the tin. What parts of post processing are used to achieve this effect and how?

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

High indirect + touch of bloom.

(whack up your ambient until it looks right, rest is art)

3. DarkEcho

DarkEcho

What's high indirect? I can't find any reference to this for PP

By art, are you referring to the models itself or shades? (please...not shaders)

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Just art, albedo etc. Honestly. PBR can manage any style we know of, if you feed it the right texture values.
    For "indirect" just make sure you have decent skybox / ambient and if necessary increase the influence of that. It will stop shadows getting too dark, which is what you want. Use bloom in a laid back manner... touch of fog. Getting there is not hard at all but don't use too many weapons or you'll just make a mess of the visuals.

5. kdgalla

kdgalla

6. DarkEcho

DarkEcho

Ok

This is what I have achieved so far, not much I know. Any further tips of what I should do?
    img.png

7. kdgalla

kdgalla

If you still want to make it look more like the screenshot in the OP, I notice that it has a pale-yellow depth fog. You could try adding that. Just like ambient, It's in the lighting settings rather than post processing (you don't need the fog post-processing filter at all, unless you are using deferred rendering).
    Edit: Actually the OP picture has a yellow tint over-all, so you might try yellow-tinting your ambient light too.

Also I think the indirect is much higher in the OP than in your recent screenshot, and the OP has less bloom.

An interesting alternative to Unity fog is this project, which the author is offering free to download from his github page:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/screen-space-multiple-scattering.446647/

It has a really fancy name, but it's really just a combination of fog and blurring, so you might be able to get a similar affect using just unity fog and the depth-of-field filter that's already in the Post Processing stack.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019