Search Unity

Post Processing Ultimate: Post Processing Stack v2 Custom Effects Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DawidMoza, Mar 12, 2018.

1. MC_Grove

MC_Grove

It's a little more detailed, let's say I need to change the value of Auto Exposure to a minimum (EV) from -1.92 to 2.64, as it will look like a script, I have an empty object, on this object it weighs Post Process Volume, the script I hang on this object, that in it is written?

2. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

So all You need is to get Volume directly from this object (line 7) instead of array of the cameras. Then find the name of Your variable and change the last line, it should work.

3. daville

daville

Hi! Thanks for Adding the World Position Node, that's very useful for what I'm working right now.

I posted a review for the asset, I'm very happy with it so far, but I still have a few complains about the UI / UX

- When you search for something you have to manually open the categories to see the nodes inside (you type "Mul" and everything disapears except the "Arithmetic" category, then you have to click the arrow to display the Multiplication node)

- The Flow animation in the nodes looks pretty at first but gets annoying after a while and slows down the editor a lot... like a lot. (I know I can disable it by unckecking the flow option, but it starts as On always, So I have to uncheck it always)

- I keep getting a random selection square every now and then by just clicking around, sometimes I try to connect some nodes and a huge selection frame is drawn (not even under my cursor, just randomly in another section of the screen)

- when you select a bunch of nodes, if you click and drag one of them to position the whole group elsewere you only move that node, in order to move the whole group you have to use the middle mouse button to move the selected nodes, but That's also the same button used to pan on the canvas, so when you select nodes you can't "pan" anymore

- if you right click to display the nodes, and scroll down to the bottom, and then search for something like "mul", everything "disapears", but is not that they're not there, they're at the top, so you have to scroll up again.

---------------

Also, I think the SpecialTex node, is missing an Alpha Output... according to Unity documentation some info is also stored in the A channel

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    DawidMoza likes this.
  4. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

1. So categories should be open during searching? Okay, that's not hard to manage.
    2. But You can easily disable that flow animation, there's a toggle on the left panel.
    3. I know about this error, I was trying to solve it some time ago, but I failed, but since it's annoying for You - I'll try again.
    4. So dragging all by LMB is more intuitive for You? Okay I'll consider changing that, but rather I'll implement it as an option, because for me it's more intuitive to use MMB and probably there are some other users that prefer MMB too.
    5. I haven't seen that before. That's a small bug.
    6. Oh, You're right again, not a big deal to implement.

I think that there will be an update in a few days that should fix all except number 3, for some reason that's a bit more complicated that it seems at first glance.

And please - stop searching for Mul, there's a shortcut for that node :D

daville likes this.
  5. Kamael

Kamael

Hi, I have problem with TempTex and SpecialTex. I made one pass that output is TempTex. In next pass I want to mix GameTex and TempText, but I have an error. Could You show some example of using TempTex and Special Tex?

Attached Files:

• ppue.png
      ppue.png
      File size:
      572.2 KB
      Views:
  6. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Hello! Thank You for contacting me, fixing all bugs is a very important for me. You've attached a screen of a pass that doesn't contain SpecialTex node, and this node is causing the error. Please attach the first pass, so I will have a full image of what's happening.

7. Kamael

Kamael

There You go. Thx for replay.

Attached Files:

8. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

There was a bug, I've made an update today, so it should be available on the AS within a few days. Probably tomorrow.

9. Kamael

Kamael

Is your updated version named 1.3C? If so, there is still the bug. Please let me know what the latest version should be. And great work by the way!

Attached Files:

10. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

please wait for a 1.3D

11. jokigenki

jokigenki

Hi,

I've got the PP stack working with Unity's own effects on the LW render pipeline in 2018.0.10, but whenever I add an NTEC effect I just get a black screen. It renders correctly in the scene view but not the game view. Any ideas?

Owen

12. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

I've just tested it and in fact it behaves strangely. But it always works when I'm playing my scene or changing some values. Have You been trying it?

13. jokigenki

jokigenki

I downloaded PPU yesterday to use in my current project, so this is the first time I've tried it. I've now set up a test project, and it works with the standard renderer fine, but as soon as I switch to the lightweight renderer, it goes to a black screen.

14. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Could You tell me one more time what's the version of Your Unity? I cen't find anything like '2018.0.10', maybe You meant 2018.2.10? I have to recreate Your environment, because on my Unity 2018.1.0 it works good with LWRP.

15. jokigenki

jokigenki

Sorry, yes 2018.2.10f1.

16. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

It seems like I found a solution! In my case only multi-pass weren't working, because releasing RTs works somehow different with LWRP. Update should be available in Monday, but please - check if single-pass shaders (Threshold for example) work for You.

17. jokigenki

jokigenki

Great! Yes, threshold is working from me. Looking forward to the update.

18. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Update is on the store. Check if everything is working properly now.

19. jokigenki

jokigenki

Looks like it's working now. Thanks for your help!

20. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

I'm very happy with that! Please consider reviewing the asset :)

21. Kamael

Kamael

Hi, does it have support for HDRP? Because I found that SpecialTex (for example normals) is giving me just grey value.

22. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Yes, it supports HDRP. As far as I remember SpecialTex node was created based on original PPS effects and uses the same textures as those effects. What's more:

x1.png

This effect also uses special textures, so as we can see - they are probably not implemented yet.

23. Kamael

Kamael

Any chance You can add camera direction vector node? It could be helpfull to compute world position of pixels.

24. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Why do You still want to compute? There is already the world position node that returns position of the single pixel.

25. Kamael

Kamael

Since when?:) From what I can see, there is camera world position, but no pixel world position, at least not in documentation... or I missed it?

26. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Oh I knew that I forgot about something! Please just check the last node in the camera category. Update with a improved documentation is already pending now.

27. Kamael

Kamael

Ok, there is the node. But how to use it? There is no Camera UV inputs.

28. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

It's simply returning position of the 'current' pixel. Just connect XYZ into RGB output and You will see.

29. Kamael

Kamael

Aaaaa:) Ok, thats simply. But I think more usefull specially for PostProcessing would be if there would be inputs for UV camera. For example if You want to make some blur based on world coordinates or something. Anyway, thank You very much!

30. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Yea, that's a good idea. I'll try to figure it out as soon as possible ;)

EDIT: I've checked the code and now I know why it's done how it is. Well, if You really need to use another coords, You can use WorldPosition as pass1 and than modify it inside pass2.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  31. Nosliac

Nosliac

I've tested it, and it's really awesome but i wanted to make a custom bloom effect but the blur effect doesn't work with HDR, it would be really useful for a lot of effects to uses the loop with HDR
    Also if there is a way to get the velocity buffer it would be really useful.

32. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Well as far as I'm concerned looping has nothing to do with HDR, so I guess that there might be something wrong with Your algorithm? By velocity buffer You mean data that You need to create motion blur for example?

33. Nosliac

Nosliac

The iterations doesn't work with the SpecialTex with _CameraGBufferTexture3, and the CameraInput have no HDR

And for the velocity buffer, yes it's to make some effects like motionBlur

Attached Files:

34. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Well when iterating only the first iteration has an access for the game camera. Second and so on iterations use previous iteration as a CameraInput, so simply iterating SpecialTex is not an option. I would rather approach the bloom effect by 'extruding' the light in the first pass, bluring this pass and than merging the original game input with that blured light.

35. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

I was testing it with PP2 2.1.2 included in the new Package Manager (Unity 2018.3.0f2), and... I guess the asset is now missing a lot of references, so it seems to be broken, badly, by the new Unity version, as I'm getting this:

Or, am I missing something? I tried on a clean project and still can't use it :/

Could you please help me? Do you have any ETA on the fix?

Best,
    Alex

36. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

I can't believe they have changed it again! It's just about path. Try replacing the lines with:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #include "../../PostProcessing/Shaders/StdLib.hlsl"
    What about all the other 80 errors?

================Edit================

I've downloaded Your version of Unity, but everything works just fine! So I guess that there is a problem with Your setup or installation process.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  37. eric_delappe

eric_delappe

I get that same error, with any version of 2018.3 that I've tried. Clean project, post processing stack 2.1.2 via package manager.
    I tried replacing the line like you said, but it didn't work. It still can't find StdLib.hlsl

It works fine on 2018.2 with the same setup.

EDIT: I fixed the error by replacing the line with:

#include "Packages/com.unity.postprocessing/PostProcessing/Shaders/StdLib.hlsl"

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  38. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

It's weird, because as I said in the edit: everything works fine for me. I have to manage why it works for me and not for You.

Edit:

What's Your operating system?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  39. eric_delappe

eric_delappe

Windows 10

40. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

That may be the case, I'm testing it on the other system. It's hard to handle all possible Unity versions, maybe there should be additional window for converting shaders?

41. anton88pro

anton88pro

Hi,
    I'm still considering if PPU is for me and I have some confusion about it. Could you answer few questions.
    1) "Edge Detection - Useful in many other shaders such as anti-aliasing!" So, can PPU work as anti-aliasing? Can it achieve effects like the CTAAS asset? or is the edge detection feature only here to help anti-aliasing assets?
    2) About blur. Can it blur only specific items? or/and can it focus on close-ups?
    3) How about dolly zoom effect, is it possible to achieve it?
    4) Do I understand right, that I can create any post processing styles/camera shader, whether its toon, retro, atmospheric or whatever I want it to be?
    5) I'm not sure how to ask it, but is the node system easy to learn? or is it targeted for experienced Unity users?
    6) Am I correct, that I can't achieve things with PPU like, screen blood splatter, closing/blinking eyes effects, screen rain drop effect?
    7) Is PPU fully based on Post Processing Stack v2? So can I achieve the same things with Processing Stack v2, as with PPU? It's that PPU does the same effects, but more conveniently?
    8) I'm tempting to buy your assets or to buy collection of a smaller ones (like sharpen tool+blur tool+some of the "100 post processing styles"). Could you try to convince me, why I should choose yours?

Sorry, I've asked more questions, then I expected.
    Thank you in advance!!

42. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Hello,
    Thanks for Your questions!

1. It's not a feature, but a sample. The idea behind PPU is to create any shader post processing shader using nodes. There have been many updates with new nodes after my customer suggestions, so I guess that PPU is rather good equipped, and if something is missing - I will try to add it.
    2. Well, yes, but as far as I'm concerned You would have to create a mask texture to choose those objects. PPU as itself is designed for creating full-screen effects.
    3. This effect was originally achieved by camera movement, so I'm not really sure about using screen effects in that case.
    4. Yes, it is possible.
    5. Yes, the main advantage of visual scripting is that You don't really have to know HLSL or any other language.
    6. No, You're not correct. There are even animated samples included. Of course, You need to write a simple script in order to run an animation.
    7. Yes it's fully based. PPU simply gives You a possibility to create shaders without actual coding.
    8. Well, main advantage of creating shaders is that they can be somehow unique and if something is going to went wrong with a project, You can always try to sell Your own shaders as a package.

No problem, I hope that I've helped You :)

anton88pro likes this.
  43. SigHz

SigHz

Hi, I bought this tool, and I like it.
    But "Input Texture2D" node's "Alpha" output was Not work.
    Has anyone used this feature?
    It worked well as a result of change "4" on the line 1136 of ShaderCompile.cs to "5".

When using render texture, it is useful to be able to get the depth together from one node.
    Regards,

upload_2019-7-24_14-35-14.png

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  44. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Hello, thanks for buying! It's just a bug, I thought that it was fixed in the latest update, well I will definitely check this node once more and everything should be fine in the next update, which I'm hopefully going to release next week. If You have any other issues, feel free to mail me assetstore.ntec@gmail.com

45. Flurgle

Flurgle

Just curious, will this eventually be compatible with HDRP 7?

46. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

PPU is mainly just a code generator, so if You have any doubts about compatibility, You can always just download the PPSv2 and check how it works. ;)

47. Nosliac

Nosliac

I get this error when I try to use the values nodes upload_2020-6-29_22-44-1.png

48. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

And what value are You trying to use?

49. Nosliac

Nosliac

Any of them upload_2020-6-30_10-36-37.png upload_2020-6-30_10-36-58.png upload_2020-6-30_10-37-41.png upload_2020-6-30_10-38-28.png

50. DawidMoza

DawidMoza