Search Unity

Post Processing Ultimate: Post Processing Stack v2 Custom Effects Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DawidMoza, Mar 12, 2018.

1. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

BUY NOW!

Post Processing Ultimate - Post Processing Stack v2 Visual Scripting Custom Effects Editor

Documentation
    Samples
    Nodes
    Tutorials

Features:

Take a really depth breath and scroll very slowly, there's a lot of them!

Post Processing Stack v2 integration

Over 130 nodes, some of them expandable

Custom functions editor

Included samples

Easy game depth

Intuitive animations

Predefined macros checker

Seamless spline usage

Advanced queuing system with iterations

VR support

And much more functions, but what's the most important - PPU provides You an easy way of creating fullscreen shaders for Post Processing Stack v2! Any questions? Something went too fast to get it? Feel free to ask!​

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    Alverik likes this.
  2. guildos

guildos

Wow! It looks amazing!

3. Mauri

Mauri

Woah... amazing :eek:
    I'd say something in the $50 range. It looks far too superior to be cheap :p

4. Neviah

Neviah

I'm guessing $35!!!
    Looks amazing, by the way.

5. chessPro

chessPro

I would say $75!
    Asset looks amazing! When should it be avaiable?

6. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

I'm gonna guess €64.32 (sorry, not sure what that is on the US asset store), like Amplify Shader, as it looks like the visual editor for the post processing stack! Good work :)

7. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

So nice to hear! ;)
    Thanks for Your opinion, I'm glad that you liked it :)
    Not only looks, but always works! :D
    It's always hard to guess with review team, but I'm sure that April is the probable month.:)
    It would be $60 as we talk about dollars ;)

8. SanchoP

SanchoP

47$ looks amazing

9. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

I am going to have to guess 39$.

10. hyltmark

hyltmark

Thumbs up! I think the initial price will be $29.

11. shkar-noori

shkar-noori

This does seem interesting, does it work More like the ShaderGraph editor?
    maybe around 90$

12. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Yes, but PPU is mainly focused on Post Processing, not on surface shaders.

shkar-noori likes this.
  13. AndroYD

AndroYD

Maybe 24.99$

14. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I'll lock in between @Mauri and @jeromeWork - for $55.00, though I think that might be a little low. ;)
    Love the sleek clean editor @DawidMoza !

15. Vanidash-Studios

Vanidash-Studios

ill say something around $40.00

16. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Post Processing Ultimate is finally available! You can check it out here: http://u3d.as/ZZw

Neviah and Mauri like this.
  17. MS80

MS80

@DawidMoza Congratulations to the release!

Unfortunately I get 3 errors after importing PPU (stack2 imported before and working) ?!
    PPU errors.jpg

After deleting the "ColorCurves" sample files errors are gone and its possible to open PPU. Then I wanted to try the 2 remaining samples, but these don't work, the next errors appear:
    PPU errors2.jpg

Same effect if I create new shaders :(

PS: I've used Unity 2017.3.0f3 & PostProcessingStack2 from GitHub

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  18. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Hello! Thanks for buying!

First error seemed like a difference in code between newest PPSv2 and PPSv2 that I was using creating asset (it took 2 weeks to review, so there is no way to work on the newest one), but I've downloaded the newest version form GitHub today, and everything still work perfectly. I've also downloaded Your version of Unity (asset was created and published using 2017.1), and that was it. It looks like in newer versions of Unity cachedData is no longer public and it behaves like internal, so You just have to move ColorCurves.cs into PostProcessing/Runtime where You can add it into Effects or You can create Your own directory. That's a really strange behavior, and I'll do my best to fix it with the newest update or at least write additional instructions in the docs how to handle it.

//EDIT 1: chachedData was always internal, but it looks like 2017.1 doesn't care about being internal at all and 2017.3 needs to have it in particular directory. So another way is to just go to PostProcessing/Runtime/Utils/Spline.cs and change internal into public (line 31). I feel confused about how Unity in fact works.

Second error occurs due to inappropriate assets structure. What I mean is that PPU shaders use HLSL libraries from PPSv2 and default path leads to such file structure:

Very sorry for any troubles. I hope that at least my response was helpful, I'll improve code and docs in the next update, so everything should be clearer.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Neviah likes this.
  19. MS80

MS80

Thanks @DawidMoza //EDIT1 does fix the issue.
    PPU looks like a cool asset with great potential ;)

Some of the samples does show strange behaviors, f.e. "blur" does work in scene view but not game view. I created a simple depth image effect, which works in game view but turns the scene view to grey?!

Do you plan to add more samples / tutorials? I would like to see some shader samples with multiple passes / loops ( depth of field, volume fog)

20. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Nice to hear that it works!

I've also done pull request, so if accepted - PPSv2 should have chachedData as public by default.

//EDIT 1: Pull request was accepted.

Maybe You'll post some screenshots with those strange effects? I'll try to figure something out.

That seems to be a good idea, I'll try to prepare next update so it will be available after launch sale, which ends by 11 May, or 14, depends when it'll be reviewed.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  21. MaxWitsch

MaxWitsch

Wow!!!!! looks amazing :D

DawidMoza likes this.
  22. MaxWitsch

MaxWitsch

Please implement a depth to world node!!!
    This would be so cool!!! ;)

23. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

World node? Would You like to precise Your request a little bit? WorldSpace node which is a representation of _WorldSpaceCameraPos built-in variable, contains all the necessary outputs to fully use float3 type of data.

24. MC_Grove

MC_Grove

Hello everyone, I bought Post Processing Ultimate installed it on Unity 2017.1.0f3, in the results I got errors in the screenshot, I did not have any information on the installation, I asked the developers to understand or suggest the solution how to fix it.

Screenshot_3.jpg
    Assets/Post Processing Ultimate/Shaders/Depth.cs(16,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostProcessRenderContext' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Assets/Post Processing Ultimate/Shaders/Fog.cs(12,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FloatParameter' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Assets/Post Processing Ultimate/Shaders/Fog.cs(14,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FloatParameter' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Assets/Post Processing Ultimate/Shaders/Fog.cs(19,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PostProcessRenderContext' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

25. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

I would like to paste my response

26. MC_Grove

MC_Grove

Thank you, that's right, my carelessness, downloaded Post Processing-2 all earned

DawidMoza likes this.
  27. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

PPU is on sale now!

NeatWolf likes this.
  28. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

I read that's also possible to create Single Pass Stereo shaders. Does this feature also support Dynamic/Adaptive resolution? If not, is it going to be a new node, or there's a workaround for that?

29. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Do You mean something like that?

It might be a little hard to see, because line between "eyes" isn't marked at all, but in fact that's VR output.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    NeatWolf likes this.
  30. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Yay!
    If that's the exact same feature of the camera component and that of the Rift Camera Rig, that's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks! :)

May I ask if that requires some special handling from withing the asset or does it work right out of the box? (I already purchased the asset a while ago, but I'm beginning to use it only today)

31. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Thanks for buying! :D
    Well, all You have to do is to use StereoUV instead of DefaultUV and everything should works as I presented. If something won't work I would likely say that's a problem how Your VR producer integrated its product with Unity. The asset which I've used here is Chromatic Aberration, included of course.

NeatWolf likes this.
  32. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

Can this create post processing effects such as Screen Space Reflections?

33. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

Also how is it in depth to Amplify Shader Editor? That is what does this asset have that Amplify Shader Editor doesn't have?

34. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Currently no.
    Well in terms of Post FX, this picture says much:

(Left side from Amplify docs)
    - Support for PPSv2
    - Render queue that was developed for creating easy loops and managing multi-pass shaders
    - Support for custom properties like Spline
    - Environment was precisely developed with Post FX in mind

If someone is focused on creating PostFX than PPU is clearly a winner, especially now, because it's on sale.

35. UnityRocksAlt

UnityRocksAlt

36. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Thanks for buying!
    I recognized their nodes as default built-in data from CGINC, PPU uses data from PPS, so nodes ale similar, but a little bit different.

I hope that You will enjoy using Post Processing Ultimate! :D

37. daville

daville

Hi, I've been using the Tool, and I like it, but I have some issues with some things... I will write a better post later giving my feedback, but for now, I want to ask something.

I don't understand how the Depth is supposed to work.

I have this scene:

upload_2018-7-25_22-8-46.png

That looks cool, but I think that's not what I would expect the Depth to do.

This seems as if 1 is close to the camera, and it goes down as it goes far away... but how far is the 0? does it eventually reaches negative values? Unless I'm understanding something wrong

I would expect the Depth to behave differently... 0 being close to the camera.... and go away in higher
    If the Depth behaves that way I can work with it, and do many things.

I would expect it to behave something like this in Shader Forge or Amplify Shader:

upload_2018-7-25_22-10-26.png

In both, After that, I want to Remap the values, to something more useful using the projection values of the camera.
    I get this in Shader Forge and Amplify Shader:

upload_2018-7-25_22-13-16.png

But in Post Processing Ultimate there's no Remap funcion (or I can't find it), but luckly there's a custom Function tool, so I made my own remap like this

upload_2018-7-25_22-14-6.png

The functions works, I tested it with other stuff, And tried to implement it like this:

upload_2018-7-25_22-17-27.png

But it displays just White.

What could I be doing wrong?

I would like to have the depth, from 0 to 1 by the near and far values of the camera planes.

38. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Thanks for buying! :D

Maybe that would be useful for You? I works with clip planes, near is black and far is white.

daville likes this.
  39. daville

daville

Thanks, I think That works... Also you should consider adding a Remap Node, that's very useful.

Another question, can I get this Info? and could it be possible to get the World Position of the Objects seen?

40. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Yes, definitely, I made a similar function to Yours, but with support for half4.

This view would be available if I would add more camera textures into PPU, which isn't problem itself, but I couldn't find a full list of those textures online, so I will probably have to find them myself. In Your very case I would have to implement _CameraGBufferTexture2, did anyone heard before about it? :D

What do You mean by that? Every pixel should return position of object that it represents? Well, I would have to find out if it's possible with fullscreen shaders, but it seem to be possible only for surface shaders.

41. marggob

marggob

It's possible. In the old screen effects there is a "global fog" effect. In it, for fading fog on the height are the world coordinates of the pixels. Everything is simple enough.

42. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about it. Well, all suggestions here sounds very useful and I will definitely start adding new features in the upcoming updates.

43. marggob

marggob

A very useful function will be to write the result to the command buffer. Sometimes I need to render additional textures, which I then send to the shaders in the scene. I would like to render them together with other effects, and not render them in a separate script.

44. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

First post now contains "user requests" section, new requests will be added there, also list will be modified along with updates, so it will be easy to see which update resolves particular request.

45. marggob

marggob

Thanks for the quick response. I will look forward to hearing from you new features in your editor. :)

46. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Update with new features is already pending!

Little preview :D

daville likes this.
  47. MC_Grove

MC_Grove

Help, how to link Post Processing-2 with animation, control through a script?

48. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

I'm not really sure about what You're asking? Would You mind explaining it a little bit more?

49. MC_Grove

MC_Grove

How to control the values of type: bloom, color grading, vignette, etc. through a script or animation?

50. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Oh, now I see. Built-in animation system doesn't seem to work with PPSv2, however coding approach is rather doable.

Code (CSharp):
    1. internal UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessVolume ufs;
    2. internal UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessProfile ufs2;
    3. internal List<UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessEffectSettings> ufs3;
    4. internal UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ColorGrading ufs4;
    6. Camera[] cam = UnityEngine.Object.FindObjectsOfType<Camera>();
    7. ufs = cam[0].GetComponent<UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessVolume>();
    8. ufs2 = ufs.sharedProfile;
    9. ufs3 = ufs2.settings;
    10. ufs4 = (UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ColorGrading) ufs3[scriptIndex];
    11. ufs4.ldrLut.value = someTexture;
    This one allows changing LUT texture, very similar code is used by LUT Picker window.