Search Unity

Post Processing Stack V2 works fine in editor, not in build

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by jggiles, Mar 1, 2018.

1. jggiles

jggiles

Using Unity 2017.3.1f1 and running on Windows 10 - I have a number of post processing effects that I use without issue when I play my game in the editor, but when I build none of the effects work.

2. sohj2017

sohj2017

I was facing the same issue and fixed it. It has to do with the quality settings, found in Edit > Project Settings > Quality. Your default project build target settings might be the fastest settings (the green option is the build target). Mine was, anyway. You can change the default build quality settings from here.

In spite of what would be the intuitive solution though, changing the default build to the "fantastic" preset did not fix this; for some reason, my application builds kept using the fastest settings. The solution was manually deleting all build options other than "fantastic". This forced my builds to use the "fantastic" preset, which uses the post processing effects as intended.

3. jggiles

jggiles

Thanks - tried that but no luck. is there a specific item within the fantastic preset that need to be enabled in order for post processing to work?

4. unity_k8XaEZvE4PBLrQ

unity_k8XaEZvE4PBLrQ

Having the same issue now, did you find a solution?

5. Daahrien

Daahrien

same here :/