Search Unity

Question Post Processing Stack v2 in Unity 2017.4

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by AcornBringer, Nov 30, 2020.

1. AcornBringer

AcornBringer

Hello!

I'm trying to download the Post Processing Stack v2 from GitHub but I can't find the right version that works with Unity 2017.4. In the README.md, it explains that for 2017.2+, I should use the Post Processing Stack 2.3.0 but I can't find this version. I've tried the other non-recommended versions in the repository just out of curiosity which, unsurprisingly, don't work.

In the manual for 2.3.0 (Installation | Post Processing | 2.3.0), it explains that "To install post-processing or update to the latest version, use the Package Manager that comes with Unity 2018.1." so I'm unable to use this method as the Package Manager isn't available in Unity 2017.4.

I'd really appreciate any help or incite on this.

2. LeoCeballos

LeoCeballos

This is probably waaaay too late to help AcornBringer, but just in case someone comes accross this while going nuts searching on GitHub, here is how I finally solved it.

I downloaded 2018.1, went to the Package Manager, imported the post processing v 2.3 package to an empty project, and then I copied the downloaded folder back to my actual 2017.4 project. Yep. Just works. I renamed it something more simple, and then exported that folder again as a .unitypackage I could use for further projects.

Its a bit of a cumbersome workaround, but it works and now I have it available for 2017 again.

3. bongboomfrance

bongboomfrance

you helped me 2 years after you'r post, so yeah thanks you