Search Unity

Post-Processing Stack v2 Bloom on Android

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Wahooney, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Wahooney

Wahooney

Hi,

I'm getting the attached results when using PPS2 bloom on Android. The left image is the scene view (what I'm expecting) and the right is the game view (what I'm getting). If I move over to Windows build then this works just fine. When I step through the frame buffer it seems that when the first pass of the bloom filter is run, everything gets multiplied by a very small number. When I reduce my threshold, it glows, but then so does everything else. ( Apologies if I'm rambling or unclear, it's 2am :p )

Is this a bug or are some of my settings wrong? (latter seems unlikely as the same settings work fine on PC)

Thanks!

PS that image hasn't been edited, it's actual results.

Attached Files:

2. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    Please make a bug report.

3. Wahooney

Wahooney

4. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Please add, which device did you tried this on :)

5. Wahooney

Wahooney

Done, it happens both on the device and in the editor.

6. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Does it still happen if you turn Graphics emulation off?

7. Wahooney

Wahooney

I've tried: No Graphics Emulation, GLES3, GLES2, combined with all shader tier levels (all 9 combinations). Same result each time.

8. GoGoGadget

GoGoGadget

I came across this and actually ran into a very similar issue with my own post-processing stack way back in early development with some mobile users - afraid I can't remember exactly what the fix was, but (my) similar issue was tied to linear + HDR color space, and from memory something to do with the blur passes. May be completely different of course, but thought I'd throw that in in case it's of any help!

9. AlejMC

AlejMC

Agreed, both Android and iOS seems to be missing some of the "HDR" quality to it. If threshold is set to 1.0, it won't really bloom at all.
    Setting manually a RenderTarget with an HDR format (say, ARGBHalf) might help. However the results are far from similar between desktop and any of the mobile versions.
    Also, is there a way to import back the standard ImageEffects from the old days? Right click import standard package is no more.
    Edit: My bad, it's under "legacy Image Effects" on the asset store.