Search Unity

Post Processing Stack FOG missing!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TheUpturnedSheep, Oct 11, 2017.

1. TheUpturnedSheep

TheUpturnedSheep

Hi, using Unity 2017.1.1f1 personal with the post processing stack, downloaded and imported from asset store. But the Fog effect is just plain missing. I see relevant scripts in the package. Any thoughts?
    upload_2017-10-11_15-3-2.png
    upload_2017-10-11_15-6-33.png

2. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

The Fog effect is built into Unity and there is no need to use Post Processing stack for Fog.

So they planned to remove it and improve Fog effect inside the Unity.

The Fog effect is available at Lightening Settings.

3. TheUpturnedSheep

TheUpturnedSheep

Ok thanks, I was aware of the Lighting/Settings/Fog but it's not great. The videos I watched of the PPS fog looked really nice. Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait. Seems a bit silly coz the code seems to to be in the package. I wonder if there is a way it can be enabled.

4. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Which rendering path you are using? The Post Processing Stack Fog effect needs Defered rendering path.

5. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

I surprised you can even call it fog, looks like someone's painted a a slightly transparent colour all over my screen..

7. TheUpturnedSheep

TheUpturnedSheep

Quite :) Maybe a trip to the asset store is in order.

8. dienat

dienat

I am using 2018.2 and there is no fog in the post process volume component, and the fog in lighting is not the same as fog as post process where it could affect the skybox

Vivraan and Xynhay like this.
  9. Xynhay

Xynhay

I'm using it too, with the new PostProcessing v2, and there is no fog anymore....
    In the preview version, there was a fog option in the post processing profiles....

Roman-Ilyin and Vivraan like this.
  10. nbg_yalta

nbg_yalta

You need to switch camera rendering path to deffered and fog settings will apear

joseGuate97 likes this.
  11. MacKieC

MacKieC

Hey,
    I have the same issue here. I am working with Unity 2019.3.0, have set the rendering path to deferred, but still no fog options in the PostProcessing. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

12. Ryiah

Ryiah

Like @hasanbayat mentioned earlier in the thread it's no longer included with the Post Processing Stack for the default rendering engine (the one that isn't LWRP/URP or HDRP) in Unity. You can access the fog settings at the bottom of the Lighting window (Window -> Rendering -> Lighting).

For the LWRP/URP and HDRP it is in the Post Processing Stack but if you can't see it there then you're not using them.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019