Search Unity

Question Post-Processing Spline : Bounds

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by AHFontaine, Aug 11, 2021.

1. AHFontaine

AHFontaine

Hi!
    I'm trying to make some sort of selectable "Color Splash" effect through the Color Grading module's "HuevsSatCurve" curve graph.

However, I'm a bit stumped as to an error I get regarding the bounds when creating new Spline objects.
    As there is no information in the API on the expected values of "bounds", or any examples, I'm getting a constant error on every frame :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    2. UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.Spline.Cache (System.Int32 frame) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@3.1.1/PostProcessing/Runtime/Utils/Spline.cs:95)
    Here's an example of my code in its most simplified form :

Code (CSharp):
    1. void changeCurve()
    2.     {
    3.         switch (selectedColor)
    4.         {
    5.             case 0:
    6.                 upcomingValue = new Spline(animationCurves[0], 0.5f, true, new Vector2(0.0f,1.0f))  ;
    7.                 break;
    8.             case 1:
    9.                 upcomingValue = new Spline(animationCurves[1], 0.5f, true, new Vector2(0.0f, 1.0f));
    10.                 break;
    11.             default:
    12.                 break;
    14.         }
    16.     }
    What should I put in this "bound" argument section? It asks for a Vector2, but should I put the expected values on the curve? Something else?

EDIT : I am now getting another error :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ColorGradingRenderer.GetCurveTexture (System.Boolean hdr) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@3.1.1/PostProcessing/Runtime/Effects/ColorGrading.cs:767)
    3. UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ColorGradingRenderer.RenderHDRPipeline3D (UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessRenderContext context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@3.1.1/PostProcessing/Runtime/Effects/ColorGrading.cs:507)
    EDIT #2 : Found the issue, somehow my GUI was trying to calculate a Spline that didn't exist. I called my function and it's all good now.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021