Search Unity

Post Processing on UI

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by luisch125, Jan 8, 2019.

1. luisch125

luisch125

Hi, I'm using unity 2018.3 and the latest post processing package version. I'm trying to set a post processing effect just for the UI, but I can't find a way to do that...

It seems previous versions of pp applied the effect to the entire screen, but now it only affects the physical world. In fact, if I put the canvas in world space, the effects are applied, but that's not what I want.

I'm trying to use a second camera that renders only the ui, but that's not working either...

I've been searching on google and here on the forum, but I can't find more info on this.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: Well, it's easy enough... Just change the canvas render mode to Scree Space - Camera and assign the main camera as Render Camera.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Red-Owl-Games likes this.
  2. luisch125

luisch125

Well, not that easy. If I add depth of field the UI gets blurred immediately. That's why I wanted a separate post processing volume just for the UI. So, is that possible?

3. Znac

Znac

Suppose you could have a camera following the other camera with a bit of dampening, copying the postion and orientation with a different post processing preset. Hide all world layers apart from ui, then ur good i think

Maksimillineal likes this.
  4. luisch125

luisch125

I've put aside that "issue", I'm working on other aspects of the game, and on other games. I think that I already tried that, but I can do a quick test to see if that works...

Thanks anyway! ;)

5. MidnightGameDeveloper

MidnightGameDeveloper

Maybe you could try using the "Screen Space - Camera" setting in your Canvas.

6. fnob

fnob

I tried your solution and it worked. Thanks :D

xliquid and unity_4i6mugtfuTCVFw like this.
  7. faresbouagina

faresbouagina

Thank you so much

8. TubertMorti

TubertMorti

The screen space thing worked my dudes. Just add a sorting layer to your canvas if you have a particle system running behind it so that is doesn't cast over the whole UI, like mine did.

9. rl_PattyYTGD

rl_PattyYTGD

10. mateoburella

mateoburella

what if i have 2 cameras (cinemachine cameras, to be specific)?