Search Unity

Post-processing on Daydream not working.

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Tibor0991, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Tibor0991

Tibor0991

Hello everyone,
    I'm developing a Virtual Reality game based on the Google Daydream platform and I wanted to spice up the visuals a bit by doing some color grading and adding some bloom to the scene; the problem is that the newly released Post-Processing Stack won't work correctly: it works fine in the scene preview window but it won't apply the effects to the final rendered frame; it does however add the effects if I manually put a PostProcessBehaviour component on the PostRender camera the GVR plugin automatically creates as a child of the GvrViewerMain prefab on runtime, but that would imply hunting for items at runtime, which I would like to avoid.
    I'm using Unity 5.6 with GVR 1.30 and PostProcessingStack 1.0.2, I've tried both single-pass and multiple-pass for VR rendering and nothing changes.
    I've searched already on this forum and seems like I'm the only one who'd like to use the new post processing system on Daydream.

PS: I'm pretty sure that some weeks ago I managed to make the new post-processing stack work with the Daydream, but now it doesn't work anymore.