Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Post processing not working after upgrade to SRP

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by mrCharli3, Nov 23, 2019.

1. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

After upgrading to lastes beta version from 2019.2, my post processing stops working, I've tried everything I can think of, but simply will not work. Not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing something.

2. Olmi

Olmi

Hi @mrCharli3,

When you say you upgraded, do you mean that you upgraded from something like 2019.3b8 to b10 and then Post-processing stopped working? Or did you mean something else, like going from 2018.x to 2019.3? P.S. you wrote 2019.2, but I assume you are on 2019.3.

If the case was that latter (going from 2018->2019.3) you need to use that built-in post processing in both URP and HDRP, Post-processing stack v2 doesn't work on SRP.

3. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

Hi, yeah I created a sample project using 2019.3 and saw that post processing had changed completely, thanks anyways!

4. hjupter

hjupter

I just updagraded from .2 to .3 and I noticed post processing doesn't work at all with URP I was using LWRP on 2019.2 and it was working fine.. I notice if I turn of SRP the post processing works. what I'm missing? is this not supposed to work with URP on 2019.3?

5. Olmi

Olmi

6. hjupter

hjupter

7. Olmi

Olmi

Well I just tried it before I replied, works fine here with URP on 2019.3.0f1.

But what do you mean with this: "I notice if I turn of SRP the post processing works. what I'm missing?"

If you are using URP, and you use the built-in post-processing, it will not work with the old standard render pipeline.

So are you actually using that built-in post-processing? Just wondering.

Add a "Volume" and set the mode to Global, then add some override like bloom and crank up the values and see if you see anything change on the screen.

8. hjupter

hjupter

I mean't if I set the SRP to none I can see the post processing effects.
    upload_2019-11-28_14-42-57.png

9. hjupter

hjupter

I'm not using the old standard render pipeline, I was using LWRP and just upgraded to URP and yes Im using the built in post processing.

10. Olmi

Olmi

Please show where you got your post processing applied.

11. hjupter

hjupter

After creating a new project I figured I have to use the new Volume components so I will have to recreate all my post processing profiles T_T

12. Olmi

Olmi

Here's what you need (and you also need to read the documentation, it's all stated there.)

URP_post-processing.png

Yes those old Post-processing Volumes don't work anymore. Needs to be Volume. And better not try to copy values (I mean numeric values, can't paste in old ones...) as those effect implementations have changed quite a lot. Might be problematic if you got a bigger project.

cLick1338, Extiward, Uhatea and 3 others like this.
  13. tsukimi

tsukimi

I had the same problem too when upgrading from 2019.1 LWRP to 2019.3 URP, and Olmi's solution worked for me.

The URP is not using "Post processing Volume" from the post processing package, even the profile assets are totally different; you can't use the assets created before.

Actually, I found that a totally new URP project doesn't have the post-processing package installed, surprisingly.

It's not really good to change features here and there... something like, the post processing assets in the asset store now has to contain three kinds of profile for a same effect (for the asset store one, package one, and the built-in one)

faolad likes this.
  14. forworkonly2025

forworkonly2025

Thank you, Olmi, for explaining this, it's working.

15. atulvi

atulvi

URP Post-processing
    ——————————-
    1) Install URP package via package manager.
    [Post processing via package manager does not install. It’s not necessary. URP does not support PPv2]

2) Create Global Volume in hierarchy.
    [ex. create 3dobject > cube]
    —> Right click > volume > global volume
    —> click on new button[create volume profile]
    —> Add override > post processing > add any effect.
    [Must set in your URP rendering pipeline > Post processing > Featured Set : Integrated ]

3) How can enable post processing.
    —-> MainCamera > Rendering > post processing Tick in check box.

[it’s not necessary to add post processing layer component to camera or VR camera.
    please remove the post processing layer in camera.it’s not supported in URP]

Useful Link: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c.../manual/integration-with-post-processing.html