Search Unity

Post Processing not applied to camera

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by PhilippCh, Sep 3, 2019.

1. PhilippCh

PhilippCh

Hi there,

I seem to have a constant issue with applying PostProcessing to my camera. Using the current 2019.3.0b1 with the LWRP I've done the following things:

- Set up PostProcessLayer/Volume correctly (see attached screenshots)
    - Checked Render PostProcessing on camera (via UniversalAdditionalCameraProperties)
    - Set up some effects to see anything at all
    - Debugged into UniversalRenderPipeline and ForwardRenderer to see the post process pass actually being enabled and added (which it is).
    Anmerkung 2019-09-03 193651.png ´
    Anmerkung 2019-09-03 193607.png

I observe that when I change the anti-aliasing mode via the additional camera properties, it is applied, but the Anti-Aliasing set through the PostProcessLayer never takes effect.

Do you have any ideas what could be causing this?

Best Regards
    Philipp

2. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The PostProcessLayer component is part of the Post Processing Stack v2, which is no longer compatible with the scriptable render pipeline since 2019.3. Basically, you can delete the entire package from the project :p

You'll only need a Volume set up as you have already, and the "Render Post-processing" checkbox ticked on the camera.

3. PhilippCh

PhilippCh

Thanks a lot, I can't remove the PostProcess package though since apparently LWRP still depends on it.

Do you also have an idea where I can find fog settings? All I'm currently seeing in the volume overrides are post processing effects. The fog checkbox in the lighting inspector is greyed out.

4. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Since 2019.3 the Lightweight RP just acts as an installer for the Universal RP package, these are currently the same pipeline, just renamed. So you can remove the Lightweight RP package along with the Post Processing package at this point.

As far as I know the URP only has post processing volume components, whereas the HDRP has sky, lighting and fog components. I don't know what causes the fog settings to disable for you, I'm using the same Unity version (but with URP) and can use the default fog settings.

timbokoppers likes this.
unityunity