Search Unity

Post Processing Make Profile Unique

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by DDNA, Jul 20, 2017.

1. DDNA

DDNA

Let me explain my situation. In my game sometimes I have 1 Camera running and sometimes 2. Basically I have an FPS and I use a second camera for the hands. But sometimes that camera is not active, ie an external view of the camera. It creates a difficult situation because some effects need to be running on the first camera and some on the second. If the second camera goes away they all need to be running on the first.

I am trying to workout a way to manage the Post Process effects. My thought was to make one profile, so I only have to manage one set of settings, then put it on both cameras. The in code enable/disable the effects in the profile based on my needs.

The problem that I am running into is that these profiles all seemed to be intrinsically linked together for some reason. For example if I disable fog on one profile, the other is disabled automatically. I tried making separate instances of these profiles, but by the next frame everything is synced again.

Is there a way to dissociate these from each other or the original asset?

Update:

My bad, creating clones of these seems to work great. I had another problem that was causing this.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017