Search Unity

Post Processing Eye Adaptation need help

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by elettrozero, Aug 29, 2017.

1. elettrozero

elettrozero

I already read the manual but I just cannot make it work; actually I got brighter when I stare and the sun and viceversa.

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial or give me a nice setting?

Thankx

2. Lex4art

Lex4art

Here is my settings if it's still actual XD (post-processing profile settings file):

Attached Files:

UnityLighting likes this.
  3. elettrozero

elettrozero

Thank you Lex, I tryied your profile but still, no results at all....there are no changes by looking to sunlight and then looking at the ground

I tried both with Forward and Deferred, I don't know why I have no results with Eye Adaptation

PS: with Screen Space Reflection on fps drop to 10 or so :D

Lex4art likes this.
  4. Lex4art

Lex4art

Screen Space Reflection is set to "High" in the properties and there is some troubles with that mode on my map too, on "Low" it's fine. About HDR eye adaptation - it's working, but it will took around 2 seconds to adapt and not so prominent (to clearly see this effect - watch on something huge and dark for 3 seconds than sharply turn to something bright). Also, make sure that HDR and Defferred is enabled (in camera settings and in other places) and MSAA is disabled:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    UnityLighting likes this.
  5. elettrozero

elettrozero

Thank you Lex! Didn't know I had to use Deferred to make it work.
    One thing is not clear to me: using Deferred, can I still use Baked Global Illumination and obtain eye adaptation?

6. Lex4art

Lex4art

Actually I don't know is it necessary to use Deferred for Eye Adaptation, those actions "disable MSAA, enable Deferred, etc" are listed only for matching my working environment (I don't use Forward at all - no idea how it behaves). About backed lightmaps and eye adaptation - guess it will be fine, lightmaps are in HDR format as I remember it; better test this for sure, though...

7. elettrozero

elettrozero

Thank you very much ;)