Search Unity

Post Processing effects when using HDRP [2019+]

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by eco_bach, Aug 27, 2019.

1. eco_bach

eco_bach

Still somewhat confused at how to properly integrate Post Processing effects when using HDRP.

In this quick demo I see Post processing effects (Bloom, Chromatic Aberation, etc) being added to a Volume component. Is the PostProcessing Volume no longer necessary?

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

You're correct that you don't need a PostProcessing volume anymore, but the "Volume" component you're talking about behaves essentially the same way as the Post Processing Volume from PPv2.

For example, here's what I have on my main camera for global Post Processing under HDRP 6+:

upload_2019-8-27_17-53-4.png

Then, in other areas that override the post processing, you'd create a game object, put a Volume on it, uncheck "Is Global", and then put a collider on the object to represent the "volume" within which the post processsing settings should take effect.

But you should rip out any references to Post Processing V2 code/components, as they're no longer used.

3. eco_bach

eco_bach

Thanks!