Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Post Processing effects when using HDRP [2019+]

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by eco_bach, Aug 27, 2019.

1. eco_bach

eco_bach

Still somewhat confused at how to properly integrate Post Processing effects when using HDRP.

In this quick demo I see Post processing effects (Bloom, Chromatic Aberation, etc) being added to a Volume component. Is the PostProcessing Volume no longer necessary?

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

You're correct that you don't need a PostProcessing volume anymore, but the "Volume" component you're talking about behaves essentially the same way as the Post Processing Volume from PPv2.

For example, here's what I have on my main camera for global Post Processing under HDRP 6+:

upload_2019-8-27_17-53-4.png

Then, in other areas that override the post processing, you'd create a game object, put a Volume on it, uncheck "Is Global", and then put a collider on the object to represent the "volume" within which the post processsing settings should take effect.

But you should rip out any references to Post Processing V2 code/components, as they're no longer used.

3. eco_bach

eco_bach

Thanks!