Search Unity

Bug Post Processing Effects not working

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by Drew818, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Drew818

Drew818

When I try to use the post processing effects, it gives off the error ArgumentException: Kernel 'MultiScaleVODownsample1' not found. Is there a known way to fix this or not?

2. jasonasaad2

jasonasaad2

I was just about to post the same problem. I don't know why it happened.

3. Aquarius390

Aquarius390

So, as the title states, my Post Processing effects are not showing (mainly a glow effect) on the game on my mobile device (iPad 6, on the latest official release of iOS). My settings for Quality are on "High", and the effects can be seen in the scene and game view in Unity. liteblue

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  4. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Please create your own threads rather than hijacking an existing one that isn't related.

Are you getting a "ArgumentException: Kernel 'MultiScaleVODownsample1' not found" exception too? This is what this thread is about.

5. smtea

smtea

I moved my project across a windows install and bumped the version from 2021.1 to 2021.2 and am now running into this

ArgumentException: Kernel 'MultiScaleVODownsample1' not found.
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.MultiScaleVO.PushDownsampleCommands (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Camera camera, System.Nullable`1[T] depthMap, System.Boolean isMSAA) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@3.2.0/PostProcessing/Runtime/Effects/MultiScaleVO.cs:290)

Kernel 'MultiScaleVODownsample1' not found
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

i've tried a full reimport as well as reimporting just post processing, as well as deleting the Library folder, I've seen threads talking about HDRP/SRP reimporting but I'm not using either of those

edit: removing post processing, closing unity, deleting library folder, regenerating and then reimporting post processing still does not fix it - i didn't specify but to be clear, removing post processing package or turning off every post processing asset in a scene makes the errors disappear fully

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  6. Legend_17_

Legend_17_

So did anybody fixed it? I just got this problem and I don't know what to do