Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Post processing and splitscreen / viewport rect offset

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by YellowcakeJoram, Feb 21, 2019.

1. YellowcakeJoram

YellowcakeJoram

When using Post Processing stack V2, it does not behave properly if you use viewport rect offsets (used for split screen, for instance).

As you can see, only one out of four screens here, actually render with post processing, despite all four camera's having the proper layer/post processing volume set-up.
    We've checked this in 2018.30f1 and 2018.3.6f1, in the setting where we actually use it for our game (pictured above), in a blank scene, and even in empty new projects in both those versions of unity, and it does not ever display the expected or desired behaviour.

Interestingly Unity 2019.1 does display the correct behaviour:

Here we have a test scene in which we have two splitscreen camera's displaying two seperate post processing profiles based on two different post processing volumes, though you could also have them display the same post processing using the is Global tickbox. The entire process in this version of Unity behaves as expected.

There is a thread on github about this issue here: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing/issues/755

Does anyone know any workarounds to get this to work in Unity 2018? We don't want to upgrade to a beta version of 2019, and would really rather not have to revert back to Post Processing V1 either..

Grhyll, vtrisjin and Lance-YCG like this.
  2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

This is a bug in PostProcessing. I'm told that there will be a fix pushed soon.

Grhyll likes this.
  3. Gillissie

Gillissie

Any update on this? I'm on Unity 2020.3.7 and still get spammed with this warning when I enable "Auto Graphics API for Mac"

When used with builtin render pipeline, Postprocessing package expects to be used on a fullscreen Camera.
    Please note that using Camera viewport may result in visual artefacts or some things not working.

This has been a problem for a very long time. Also note the misspelling of "artifacts" in the warning.

4. Gillissie

Gillissie

To clarify, this happens if "Metal" is selected too. I have to manually choose "OpenGLCore" as the Graphics API for Mac to avoid this warning being spammed.

It's also worth mentioning that the post processing FX seem to work fine, it's just a warning spamming issue.

sarahnorthway likes this.
  5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Best to ask on the graphics forum

Gillissie likes this.