Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Post Process Effect Sequence

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by falkenbrew, Jun 27, 2020.

1. falkenbrew

falkenbrew

'm still having quite some trouble with the effects in the volume. They do not run in the sequence I would expect. As you can see, the mirror should be applied first. Then bloom, then a ripple effect. In the screenshot you can see the ripple effect has been mirrored in both horizontal and vertical direction. What am I missing? I just updated to the newest Unity version hoping this would fix it.

I've had it working before, but something I did must have changed the result. I know there is a place to force scripts to be executed based on priority, but how does it work with effects? The second volume was a solution that I came up with, but for some reason it no longer helps, it probably never did.

2. falkenbrew

falkenbrew

This seems to be some short-coming in the PostProcessLayer code, I'm worried I might need to hack something in to get what I want.

3. falkenbrew

falkenbrew

I managed to fix my issue by hacking the postprocesslayer and adding custom sorting. Nothing clever, but it works for me and it's short.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void UpdateBundleSortList(List<SerializedBundleRef> sortedList, PostProcessEvent evt)
    2.         {
    3.             ....
    5.             sortedList.Sort(delegate (SerializedBundleRef a, SerializedBundleRef b)
    6.             {
    7.                 return a.bundle.attribute.menuItem.CompareTo(b.bundle.attribute.menuItem);
    9.             });
    10.         }

unityunity