Search Unity

Post effects linger after Cinemachine timeline cut

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Spoonfishlee, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Spoonfishlee

Spoonfishlee

Hi!

I'm using Cinemachine with the timeline, and switching to other post process profiles between cuts. The effects linger for a split second in the next frame, after the cut, before changing; most prominently the ambient occlusion. Is there anything special I should be doing when using post processing with timeline cuts?

Thanks!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Which versions of CM/Unity/PP?

3. Spoonfishlee

Spoonfishlee

Most recent versions of everything!

Unity: 2018.3.11f1 and 2018.3.6f1
    CM: 2.2.8
    PP: 2.1.5

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Are you using TAA in the PP layer? If so, can you disable it and see if the problem persists?

5. Spoonfishlee

Spoonfishlee

I am, but it seems to make no difference with or without it. However, the ghosting did disappear for a few replays as I kept looping the cut after changing Default Blend in the CM Brain and also when changing to Fast Approx AA, but returned after a little bit.

Here's my timeline. I think it's standard, but am I doing something wrong for this type of hard cuts?

upload_2019-4-4_23-48-38.png

Each of the clips are linked to a regular CM vcam, each connected to a PP profile.

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

The blend settings of the brain make no difference in the context of the timeline, as they are not used.

Can you try to narrow it down a little further? Is it possible that some of the vcams have AA settings? Try to remove all of them everywhere from all the profiles.

7. Spoonfishlee

Spoonfishlee

I did a cleaner test on the HDRP test scene with the construction site props. The only packages I installed were PP and Cinemachine. One vcam cutting to another vcam via timeline, without AA. One has PP and one doesn't.

It seems only AA lingers, and the other effects disappear in the cut. AA lingers for exactly one frame. It has the same intensity and other settings. I recorded a JPEG sequence with the Unity recorder to check it out for sure!

AO_CM_bug_demo.jpg

8. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Can you show the inspectors for the relevant PP profiles?
    Or better still, post a unityproject export of the scene, that way we can repro exactly.
    It's very likely a PostProcessing thing, not a CM thing.

9. Spoonfishlee

Spoonfishlee

Thanks for taking the time! Here's the test scene

https://we.tl/t-IQj3VOlooQ