Search Unity

Post deleted for offtopic. Which forum?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by alia_0, Aug 13, 2019.

1. alia_0

alia_0

Hi, so I was posting in the 2019.3 forum about a lighting issue (I'm using 2019.3) and my post was deleted without response. Can someone please point me to the correct forum?

It would have been _much_ nicer to just move the thread top the appropriate spot. :mad:

Post follows:

Greetings!

I am investigating implementing DDGI (https://morgan3d.github.io/articles/2019-04-01-ddgi/index.html) and hit what seems to be a bit of a snag. I am attempting to place probes at run time since my scene is dynamically generated from voxels. Currently I can only update the LightProbeGroup.probePositions while running in the editor. I was wondering if this could be changed or if not if anyone has some ideas for workarounds.

Cheers,

Alia

Code (CSharp):
    3.         LightProbeGroup lpg = go.AddComponent<LightProbeGroup>();
    4.         lpg.probePositions = probe_positions;      
    6. 'LightProbeGroup.probePositions' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only

2. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

It looks like you want to use the static method "LightProbes.CalculateInterpolatedLightAndOcclusionProbes()". I honestly have no idea how to use it though, I would probably have to mess around with it for a while to figure it out. It seems you may have to manually set some data that would normally automatically be set if you were to pre-bake light probes.

Unfortunately their summary/example doesn't make this method's limitations very clear to me. I hope it does what you need.

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptRefe...ulateInterpolatedLightAndOcclusionProbes.html

Good luck!

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Here or the Global Illumination subforum seems appropriate to me.

The mods here, justifiably, are trying to keep the alpha/beta forums clean with discussion about specific issues about those alphas and betas, that's why your post was deleted.

4. alia_0

alia_0

Thanks! Yup, I have CalculateInterpolatedLightAndOcclusionProbes / CopySHCoefficientArraysFrom / CopyProbeOcclusionArrayFrom working just fine in the editor.

5. alia_0

alia_0

Cool, thanks for the suggestion, ill try the GI forum :)