Search Unity

Other post deleted for no reason?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Dialgavr, Jan 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dialgavr

Dialgavr

I had a post here in the support forum (I'm pretty sure it's the right forum for compiler errors) which was taken down in minutes due to "low effort" and "wrong forum" which was obviously wrong, my post had all information needed to help and was not very long at all. I had posted all my code and my error, but it was still taken down. Anyone at unity care to explain?

2. Dialgavr

Dialgavr

I even posted the tutorial and timestamps. So yeah, I think that was either a slip-up or intentional.

3. BABIA_GameStudio

BABIA_GameStudio

It would have been intentionally removed

Wrong.
    If you have problems with compile/script errors then your topic belongs in the Scripting forum, not this one.

Also, I'm pretty sure the mod on your last topic told you to stop making those posts because it would be yet another instance of you failing to simply follow a tutorial and wanting the forum members to find your typos and fix them for you, instead of you doing the work yourself.

Nope, it was clearly in the wrong forum section and posting another "I've followed the tutorial perfectly and I want you to fix my errors" topic is zero effort as you showed repeatedly in your last topic that you are constantly making typos and unwilling to go back through the tutorial and check your work - instead opting for wanting the community to do that work for you.

Pixelith likes this.
  4. Dialgavr

Dialgavr

oh, that explains it. I wasn't in the right forum.

5. BABIA_GameStudio

BABIA_GameStudio

Read my whole reply again (especially as you only seemed to read one part of it just like you do when you are working on tutorials), and what the mod posted in your last topic when they locked it.
    It is not just that you are putting it in the wrong forum, it is that you created another topic doing exactly what the mod told you to stop doing. If you don't understand this, then you will just find the creating the same type of topic in Scripting will probably find it getting deleted or locked by a mod as zero effort again.

halley likes this.
  6. Dialgavr

Dialgavr

I have been stumped on the error for a day now, and nothing I try works and I check the tutorial every time and I see nothing wrong with my code. I know it's there but I can't find the issue.

7. BABIA_GameStudio

BABIA_GameStudio

So how much are you going to pay for us to spend our time going over your code and fixing your typos? All we have ever been doing is looking at the tutorial and comparing it with what you typed to show you your own mistakes. If you aren't going to put the effort in to go through line by line yourself, then whoever does it should deserve to get paid for spending their time doing it for you.

Amon likes this.
  8. chemicalcrux

chemicalcrux

You need to learn the meaning of the errors you are encountering. If the compiler says that a name does not exist, then no amount of fiddling with random lines of code will fix it: there is no such thing, and you must define it. That's all there is to it.

If you're having trouble conceptualizing this stuff, then you need more practice writing code in general -- these sorts of things have nothing to do with Unity itself.

9. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Responses were given. Simply posting tutorials and saying "help doesn't work!" is unacceptable, especially at the volume you are doing it. You need to stop. Continuing to do this will result in formal warnings. If you have a problem with a tutorial, contact the author. This forum is not for constant code reviews and free debugging your typos. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.