Search Unity

Post Apocalyptic modular suburb environment (wip)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Masy3d, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Masy3d

Masy3d

Recently I been trying to create modular prefabs that would help developers with creation of their environments. I decided to go for post apocalyptic style as I'm a big fan of it and thought it would be fun to make.

In this thread I will keep you guys updated with a progress of my work. So far I figured out a "system" for my modules and made a first building example. Next step is to create modules that will allow more variations. (angled roofs, metal beams for larger constructions etc.) Afterwards plan is to create some different types of walls, fences, pavements etc so you can build complete levels with it.

Modules are made to work with various camera angles (FPS, TPS, top down) and will allow to create exterior and interior environments. My plan is to release it into the Asset Store when "complete" enough to make work with it positive and frustration free experience.
    Post Apocalyptic modular suburban environment1.jpg Post Apocalyptic modular suburban environment2.jpg
    Post Apocalyptic modular suburban environment3.jpg

Post Apocalyptic modular suburban environment4.jpg

theANMATOR2b and John-G like this.
  2. Masy3d

Masy3d

I added few new prefabs (window, concrete ramps, concrete wall bottoms, roof plate, metal beams). Suitable to create warehouse type buildings.

warehouse1.jpg

3. TheNorthridge

TheNorthridge

Nice!

Remember, if Post Apoc, theres bound to be a collapsed wall or two!

Car's have a tendency of breaking through walls in the choas of the apocalypse :p

4. Masy3d

Masy3d

Thanks, my idea is to create damaged version of most main modules (like damaged walls, gates, windows) so users can even make heavy destroyed buildings, but I will get into that when I have "base" objects ready.

TheNorthridge likes this.
  5. Everbrave

Everbrave

This is an awesome idea and your assets look really great so far. The detail is excellent.

I always try to work like this in my projects. If I can reuse an asset in a different way I'll do that. I can't tell you how many recolored tiled textures I have saved up for rainy days. Ha ha.

You're definitely on your way to a great package. Can't wait to see more!

6. Masy3d

Masy3d

beams.jpg
    Thanks Everbrave

I have warehouse metal beams modules more or less ready (just need to tweak textures a bit)

John-G likes this.
  7. John-G

John-G

On my watch list