Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For Contributor Post Apocalyptic Knights meet FarCry. Any volunteers?

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by ajf412, Aug 12, 2021.

1. ajf412

ajf412

Introduction & Summary
    Right now I'm a one man band, wearing all hats. I'm looking for fellow Christians and military vets that want to help make this dream a reality. I can use anybody from quest writers to programmers to 3D modelers.
    Primarily, I need a character artist to build the 2 hero characters and some standard human characters. CharacterAssetsAug11.jpg
    FSMTestingAug11.jpg bearAttacking.jpg

Project Type/Genre & Platform
    Third Person Shooter - PC (using URP in case of porting to console in the future)

The Idea
    I'm building a Post Apocalyptic Knight themed, third person version of FarCry. It's Christ glorifying, and unashamedly forward about honoring God. It's violent and gives a perspective from that of Christian warriors. Going to have sermons playing on radios in the background, parables scattered throughout the world as side missions, and of course, the player can piece together a readable (hopefully) Bible, that the main character gifts to the companion character.

Progress
    Right now it's just me. I've had this dream for years, and it's time to make it a reality. I'm an intro to mid level programmer, and a low poly 3D modeler. I do own Zbrush, but I'm not the greatest with it. I've got older versions of Substance Suite, but I think I like Armor Painter better. I've done some work in the past for commercial clients, latest was making a new crossbow for Blue Mana Entertainment's "Heroes of Issachar." Watch for it in their next game update!

I've now got a pretty hefty investment in the Unity asset store, as I'm ready to do this solo.
    Procedural Worlds Gaia Pro, GeNa pro, Pegasus, Ambient Sounds and Sectr.
    Invector 3rd Person Controller - Shooter, and all their addons.
    Going back and forth between Invector FSM-AI and Emerald AI as I await Emerald's 3.0 release due out within the next week or two.
    Loknar Studio Destroyed Building Kit
    Multiple Maksim Bugrimov assets
    Andryuha1981 Demons Super Pack
    Salsa Lip Sync
    Pixel Crushers Dialogue System, Quest Machine
    Sickscore Games HUD Navigation System
    Nature Manufacture assets
    Currently testing Quang Phan Furry S2 Archer asset (but wont be using this one in particular due to ears)
    Also just bought 64GB of RAM

I've got several of the demons and wildlife set up with FSM AI and Emerald AI, but Emerald 3.0 is supposed to have noise detection, so I'm waiting for that release before I make a final decision on my AI.

I understand the basics of Gaia, but I'm about to launch into building the custom biomes with my Nature Manufacture assets. I plan on a roughly 4km x 4km game world, but we'll see if that happens or not.

I have Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio and lots of music samples, so I can also build my own music as needed. I also have a Marine Corps buddy that makes some music for me. So music side of things is "okay."

The main storyline is about 90% thought out, and about 50% written. I have one quest writer with me, but he hasn't written anything yet. I need side quests and events.

What I Am Looking For
    CHARACTER ARTIST: If I can't find one, I'll probably use Quang Phan assets. I would prefer my hero characters to be unique, but I'll do what I need to in order to get the game completed. I currently have a posting on CGTrader for the main hero, but I'd rather save my dollars by having somebody join me.

ENVIRONMENT ARTIST: You need to own and know Procedural Worlds assets, Gaia Pro 2021 and GeNa pro. I cannot afford to buy you your own seat for these programs. Too small of a team to build the entire world without these assets.

VOICE ACTORS: Not ready for you yet, but I'll be needing folks to voice characters. I don't want to voice the main character myself, to make sure I don't get too attached to the character personally. I want to stay objective to the story.

Contact
    Your best bet to contact me is Discord. I'm on it almost everyday. My wife occasionally drags me away from it.
    Discord: ajf412#0764

Or join the KOTA discord: https://discord.gg/7Gj3Kd2473

It wont let me post updates. Says I have insufficient privileges. Why?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  2. ajf412

ajf412

I did buy 4 Quang Phan packs today to start building the player's character. Should hopefully be a mishmash of Templar, Assassin, and PP801 packs. Also picked up his reaper pack for player death situations. Took my project offering down off CGTrader. Hoping to see some of his assets go on sale to help purchase everything I need for the companion character.

3. ajf412

ajf412

Testing our repo on Azure. So far so good. Grabbed the Ida Faber survivor pack while it was half off, and it looks promising for the project.

4. ajf412

ajf412

Things are slowly moving along. About to launch into Gaia and get the world streaming working right. Aiming for a 4km x 4km world map, so this part is important! Anybody that has experience in this that wants to help, feel free to look me up on Discord. Info is in first post.