Search Unity

Post a visible link everywhere to Unity Connect

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Murgilod, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Murgilod

Murgilod

As this forum and the General Discussion forum and even the Game Design forum shows, people don't know what to do when it comes to hiring people or looking for work, and a big problem with that likely stems from a couple places:
    1. Nobody knows Unity Connect exists
    2. Nobody knows how to find Unity Connect
    The first one could be solved with actual content about Unity Connect. As it stands, the only reason I know Unity Connect exists is because of the brouhaha that surrounded the closure of the job/collab forums. If it weren't for that, I'd have no idea it even exists. The language around connect is really lacking in a lot of ways.

The second one has a pretty easy solution. Right now, there are two places to find Unity Connect and they're hardly ideal. One way is to scroll alllll the way to the bottom of any page and look for the hardly prominent "Connect" link. The other way is to go to the landing page and scroll halfway down until you find the part that talks about Connect. I'd wager that most people using these forums never use the landing page, and even if they did, they're hardly scrolling halfway down it to see what Unity has to offer. Connect should have a more prominent place on Unity's pages. Like at the top bar, so it's prominently featured whenever a page actually loads.

2. liortal

liortal

I've been receiving tons of emails regarding Connect. Not sure if it's because i signed up for it, or because Unity are sending this to almost all of their customers. If it's the 2nd option then i guess millions of people must be aware of Connect.

3. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey Murgilod,

Thanks for the suggestions. As we continue to improve and build on Connect, it will be come more prominent for users and more visible.

@liortal - regarding email - if you want less head over to https://connect.unity.com/settings to adjust as needed.