Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback "Post a Poll" is stupid

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by Kuukunen, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Kuukunen

Kuukunen

While I was meandering about my other petty UX annoyance (https://forum.unity.com/threads/youre-using-the-latest-version.977577/), in the Unity Hub, I tried to post a feedback thread, and then got reoffended all over again by the forum itself. Why does the ataxia of "Post a Poll" at the end of the page exist? By any reasonable UI design sensibilities, it should at least be a button that dynamically opens the poll menu.

99% of threads posted are not polls [citation needed], so why the #̶̸̡̨̢$̨́͠%̛̛&̴͏ should I have to spend any of my (very important) time looking at this UI puke at the bottom of the page? Yes, I understand there is a "Create Thread" button above it, but the natural process of submitting anything online is to scroll to the bottom of the page. (Of course, it's ok there's the standard footer, but that's because it is clearly visually separated from the actual working area)

PS. If there is "You may not create new tags" errors (very understandable), at least there should be some form of pop up menu for helping to select from existing tags.

2. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

No reason for the vulgar tone, but I agree that the poll feature should be hidden behind a dropdown or button. And also there is no need to have the same buttons multiple times (create button in the middle and at the end).

3. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Came here to make this exact suggestion. A simple checkbox next to "Create a Poll" that hides that whole part of the form when unchecked would do. It would be a change to the page template, not require any changes to the backend logic or DB at all.