Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Possibly unexpected behaviour in TMP Inputfield

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Cognetic, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Cognetic

Cognetic

Hi,

I'm trying to create a bullet point using a unicode character at runtime and I'm finding I can't get it to work without interacting with the unity interface.

If i try input the character in the inputfield (specifically \u2022 ) the text remain as "\u2022" and does not switch to a bullet point character. If i navigate to the TMP_Text gameobject of the inputfield and click "Parse escape characters" (switching it on or off), the text makes the switch to bullet point. If i start typing in the input field again, the bullet point switches back to the "\u2022".

switching the escape characters on and off programatically makes no difference, it is only when clicked via the inspector that the character is created.

Note that all the rich text tags are working fine and I'm using 1.4.0 preview 2a.

Is there a way to ensure the bullet point remains enabled while typing in the input field, or are unicode characters only for static text boxes?

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

This is a known limitation with the Input Field (currently) and something that I should address.

I should be able to look into this next week. I'll provide feedback once I have more information.

3. Cognetic

Cognetic

Hi Stephan,

thanks for the info and following up on this. It would be great if you could get it working - silly as it sounds, it's a mini showstopper for me!

4. Cognetic

Cognetic