Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Possible VFX Graph Related Crash-to-Desktop

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by MartyrOfKharak, Feb 9, 2021.

1. MartyrOfKharak

MartyrOfKharak

Hello,

Recently a number of my players have started experiencing frequent crashes of my game, and the culprit appears to be VFX Graph. I can't be sure of this, but the crash.dmp file I have seems to indicate the crash occurs in the method
    UnityPlayer.dll!VFXReadbackBuffer::ReadbackInvokeCallback(struct AsyncGPUReadbackRequest const &,void *)

I don't know if I'm doing something elsewhere that is putting the GPU into a state where this crash can occur. I only have three compute shaders in my project that I have written, and they just do modifications to a render texture.

Without more detail as to what shader is actually causing the crash, I am at a loss. I have attached the player's error.log file. I have a crash.dmp, but the forums will not allow me to upload it.

Attached Files:

2. OliverVSmith

OliverVSmith

We have also just started experiencing this issue. Infrequently but still often enough to be frustrating.

Attached Files:

3. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

4. Doodums

Doodums

I'm having the same issue as listed above, exclusively from users on Intel Integrated GPU's. The issue link above is marked as Duplicate, with no link to the duplicate issue that I can see. I'd like to have a link to the duplicate issue so I can follow up with it.

Here is an example Native Stack Trace for the exception occurring: