Search Unity

Resolved Possible to move destination camera towards active camera on blend

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by dVdx, Mar 29, 2023.

1. dVdx

dVdx

I am hoping someone with more knowledge here can provide some insight - during a blend or camera transition is there a way to essentially perform it in reverse? Where the destination camera moves to the active camera and then transitions?

Right now I am trying to force move them before changing priority and it is not working - still eases in/out in some fashion (see example method)

Code (CSharp):
    1.     private void ActivateFreelookCamera()
    2.     {
    3.         Vector3 _tmpPosition = playerTopDownCamera.transform.position;
    4.         Quaternion _tmpRotation = playerTopDownCamera.transform.rotation;
    5.         playerFreelookCamera.gameObject.SetActive(true);
    6.         playerFreelookCamera.ForceCameraPosition(_tmpPosition, _tmpRotation);
    7.         playerTopDownCamera.Priority = 5;
    8.         playerFreelookCamera.Priority = 10;
    9.         playerTopDownCamera.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    10.     }
    For more context - I have a camera transformed movement player controller with a freelook camera covering 90% of play but then I have a top down camera (Framing Transposer with POV) to handle the top down view and provide the player and camera controls I want. The goal is to essentially have the camera transitions be so subtle that no on would really ever notice that you are changing cameras during play.

2. dVdx

dVdx

Found it - simple checkbox on the virtual camera under "Transitions" dropdown called "Inherit position" - figured it was already a feature and simple fix.