Search Unity

Possible to do Monoscopic using the native VR support?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by PixelRouterVR, Oct 14, 2015.

1. PixelRouterVR

PixelRouterVR

One thing I love about the native VR support is how simple it is to layer cameras.
    I use this to great effect in Z0NE. I have one camera for the outside world, and a second camera for the cockpit and Heads Up Display elements. This way I can apply a set of image effects to the world and a seperate set to the cockpit. For example, I want more bloom on the world than on the cockpit.

What I really want to do, though, especially for our GearVR versions, is to set the world camera to monoscopic, since most things in the world are relatively far away. And I want to keep the cockpit camera stereoscopic.

Is this possible with the native VR support? If not, I highly suggest adding this simple feature.

DrBlort likes this.
  2. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

Eww, yuck. I hope you don't do that. Ever played Flight Sim X on the Rift? Even though everything is far away at high altitude the stereo really does add something to it all. Otherwise you have no sense of height or anything.

3. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

It might be nice for distant star fields and other things that should be essentially at infinity though. Was thinking about that the other day.

4. Poupi

Poupi

5. IsaacChan

IsaacChan

Hi PixelRouterVR,

It is a off-topic reply. I am trying to make a 360 video player on Unity. When I searched the related data on the internet, I watched your video on Youtube and found that you could turn-on a stereoscopic view on the GAME window in Unity. Could you tell me how to turn it on, please? Also, may I know that which version of Unity you are using?