Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Possible to delay managers and their updates?

Discussion in 'Handheld AR' started by ChaiKnight, Aug 15, 2019.

1. ChaiKnight

ChaiKnight

I'm working on raycasting (using the ARRaycastManager in ARFoundation) real world objects based on some (slow) outside input. I grab an image from the feed and send it off to this server which processes it and I create some raycasts based on its response.

The issue is that this input is relatively slow; we're talking anywhere from 27-50ms delay on a good day. Slower if it's a wireless connection. Is there a way to update all managers (Pointcloud, Plane, Camera) with a delay similar to the server connection?

I would also be fine with only delaying the Pointcloud manager and doing a raycast from that.

I've been trying to access ARPointCloud's position, identifier, and confidenceValue members to update whenever I get a response from the server, but can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas are appreciated at this point.

unityunity