Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Phishing Attack -- Can't find a place to report this, so I'm putting it here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MadRobot, Dec 11, 2012.

1. MadRobot

MadRobot

Admins, feel free to move this to the appropriate place. I just recieved this email regarding a trouble ticket I don't recall creating. If this is something I initiated, it must have been a long time ago, and I can't find any way to follow up on this. I don't think I've ever opened a troubled ticket with Unity before, so I think this is Phishing. Since it's coming from a crazy address in the salesforce.com domain, I'm inclined to think it's spam.

from: Noreply <noreply@unity3d.com> via abcfrdvlf9td.2-m42feac.2.bnc.salesforce.com
    to: [my email address redacted]
    date: Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    subject: Support Case # 00112134: Re: New Private Message at Unity Community
    mailed-by: abcfrdvlf9td.2-m42feac.2.bnc.salesforce.com

Dear ,

Thank you for submitting your question to Unity. Case #00112134: "Re: New Private Message at Unity Community" has been created and added into the queue. A Unity representative will review your question and respond. If you are reporting a bug, please instead use the Bug Reporter application which is built into the editor (Help->Report a bug). Your bug report will go to our QA team who will investigate for you.

We aim to respond to questions within five working days. License issues will be prioritised and should be responded to more quickly.

Please do not respond to this email. The noreply@unity3d.com email address is not monitored.

If you manage to resolve the problem, or have additional information that may be of help with this issue. Forward this email, with the additional information added, to support@unity3d.com. Please keep the subject line unchanged.

Kind regards,
    Unity

[ ref:_00D20M42f._50020RVjyo:ref ]

2. scarpelius

scarpelius

Where is the phishing here?

3. khanstruct

khanstruct

Good point. There are no links, and nothing that tries to convince you to go to any websites, etc. If this is a phishing attempt, its the worst one ever designed.

I think this was just a misunderstanding.

4. MadRobot

MadRobot

Hm. Excellent point. I feel pretty foolish for having missed that rather obvious clue. Sorry for the false alarm.

5. tatelax

tatelax

This is what happens when you receive and email from the Unity forums letting you know that you have a new private message, and you reply to that email.

Source: Experience :S

6. derkoi

derkoi

I got that once, i figured it out. I'd replied to one of their emails instead of someone else and I got an auto response from them.

Check your sent messages.

7. Khyrid

Khyrid

Most phishing scams will be along the lines of:

Something is wrong with your account, log in HERE to fix the problem!

Then without thinking somebody goes to the log in sending the scammer their info.