Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We’re making changes to the Unity Runtime Fee pricing policy that we announced on September 12th. Access our latest thread for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Possible Mars Companion bug?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by Blinxel_AR, May 28, 2021.

1. Blinxel_AR

Blinxel_AR

Got this when trying to install the Mars Companion package:

An error occurred while resolving packages:
    Package com.unity.mars-companion-core@0.3.7-preview has invalid dependencies:
    com.unity.textmeshpro: Resolved version [2.0.1] does not satisfy requested version [2.1.0]
    com.unity.timeline: Resolved version [1.2.6] does not satisfy requested version [1.2.12]

A re-import of the project may be required to fix the issue or a manual modification of C:/Blinxel/blinxel-player/Packages/manifest.json file.

2. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

Hey there! Sorry that you're running into trouble. Based on what I'm seeing here, I would guess that you have timeline and textmeshpro in your project manifest (likely added as default packages) with versions that conflict with the versions required by the companion app.

What version of Unity are you using? Was this an import into a new or existing project? Can you share the contents of `Packages/manifest.json`? I think this can be resolved by simply removing those package dependencies (timeline and textmeshpro) from the project manifest, or upgrading them to the requested versions.

Thanks for getting in touch. Hope this helps!